Brembo callipers k1200rs

Post your K Series technical queries here

Moderator: Moderators

jeank
Forum User
Country of Residence: Canada

Brembo callipers k1200rs

Postby jeank » Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:52 pm

I rebuilt the all 3 callipers on a 98k1200rs and I can't find what torque specifications are for 4 hex bolts holding the front callipers together and the 2 rear.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jaythro
Forum User
Country of Residence: Norn Iron

Re: Brembo callipers k1200rs

Postby Jaythro » Thu Sep 07, 2017 12:05 pm

They don't usually state them as they are supposed to be a non serviceable component

check the bolt for example is it M10 x 1.25 If so check the generic torque setting for that diameter and pitch for say bolt strength normal 8.8 (rather than 10.9 high tensile or 4.4 <- chinese packing bolts!)

As a "guide" which I have found pretty damn accurate over the decades (as taught to me by my Merchant Marine Engineer Grandfather )

Screw the bolt in until you require to apply any force to the spanner or wrench and then just an 1/8th of a turn more to an absolute MAXIMUM of a 1/4 turn

Three things:- This should see sufficient torque to keep the assembly together, bolts tight and insufficient to drag the threads out

Please note I have used this method for many many years If in doubt keep chasing the torque value

N.B. did you refit the O rings between the halves okay?
"Put your Ass on a motorcycle and ride with an attitude and the "Grim Reaper" will ride in your shadow!"

Islandmagee in case you're interested?

jeank
Forum User
Country of Residence: Canada

Re: Brembo callipers k1200rs

Postby jeank » Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:50 pm

Thanks!! Yeah got them in no problem.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Return to “K Series Q&A's”