Post your K Series technical queries here

Moderator: Moderators

brewster
Forum User
Country of Residence: England

K1100lt Wiring loom

Postby brewster » Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:45 pm

Hi Guys

I'm new to the site so please be gentle with me lol. I'm rebuilding a 1996 K1100lt and seem to be a bit confused about the wiring. I am working through the wiring diagram with no problems so for apart from an extra large multi pin connector. I Have one for the motronic unit but also have another on one the same size further up the bike. I cant seem to find it anywhere on the Clymer manual wiring diagram. when I can work out how to post photos then I will put some up for you see. Hope you guys can help as I'm a bit flumaxed.

Cheers brewster :???:

Galactic Greyhound
Moderator/Club Member
Country of Residence: Scotland

Re: K1100lt Wiring loom

Postby Galactic Greyhound » Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:48 pm

Hi Brewster,

Posting Photos:

METHOD 1:
Using the Forum 'Upload Attachment' method you are limited to uploading a picture of not more than 1200 x 1200 pixels max dimensions, 250Kbytes max file size.
Any problems will be advised when you try it. You can then add up to three pictures/post.

Here's how:
1. Go to 'Full Editor & Preview'.
2. Scroll down and select 'Attachments' tab.
3. Select 'Add files' and browse for your picture (max 1200x1200 pixels and 250Kb filesize).
4. Add any 'File Comments' to be attached to the pic.
5. Place your cursor in the post where you want the pic to be located.
6. Select 'Place Inline'.
7. Repeat from (2) above for up to a total of three pics/post.
8. Select 'Submit'.

If your pics are too big (> 1200x1200 pixels and 250Kb filesize), see the following depending on the device you are using:

Windows: I use Windows Paint (tabs Home/Resize) which allows you to resize a pic and save it under a different filename
e.g. 'existing filename'_ small.

iPad/iPhone: For iPad/iPhone photo resize, go to the App Store and download a free Photo Resize App such as 'Simple Resize':
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/simple- ... 76379?mt=8

Mac: For Mac photo resize go to the Preview application where there is a resize function.
Ced.

R1100RT 1996.
Sent by Boson Quantum Transmission from the Starship 'Galahad'.
http://www.researchgate.net/publication ... ing_bosons" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - It works!

Inge K.
Forum User
Country of Residence: Norway

Postby Inge K. » Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:04 am

apart from an extra large multi pin connector. I Have one for the motronic unit but also have another on one the same size further up the bike.

For the ABS ECU I'll guess.

brewster
Forum User
Country of Residence: England

Postby brewster » Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:44 pm

Cheers Inge K

That would make sense . There is a place for the ABS but all ABS parts are missing leaving me with this connector. I have managed to trace the colours and found an ABS wiring diagram in the back of the manual. All colours correspond with diagram. Sometimes it takes someone to state the obvious for the penny to drop. Many thanks for your help.

brewster

Return to “K Series Q&A's”