recomended insurance companies

Post your K Series technical queries here

Moderator: Moderators

JohnBoy
Forum User
Country of Residence: uk

recomended insurance companies

Postby JohnBoy » Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:19 pm

Anyone recommend a good insurance company ,been with Bennetts a year and obtained a years ncb And now renewal policy will be £50 higher ](*,)

Arry_b
Forum User
Country of Residence: Devon UK.

Re: recomended insurance companies

Postby Arry_b » Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:21 am

If your K is over 20 years old, then Peter James’s classic policy is unbeatable.
1993 K1100LT
1988 K75S
Some MZs, and a gaggle of Japanese appliances.

windmill john
Forum User
Country of Residence: England
Location: Somewhere in Southern England. bip bip bip, loose lips sinks ships

Postby windmill john » Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:10 am

If you go abroad, then Carole Nash. Part of your premium covers overseas, but if you don't go, then possibly wasted money.
I've dealt with their claims dept. too, in a no fault claim; very good.

John
http://www.kittos.co.uk
Best roads: 623 Burgos to Santander. A back road to Metz; can't remember which!
Schorsch 1978-80 R65 - bit of a Shetland pony; frisky and naughty.
Too many bikes have come and gone, trying to be sensible now!

daleslad
Forum User

Postby daleslad » Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:49 am

Anyone recommend a good insurance company ,been with Bennetts a year and obtained a years ncb And now renewal policy will be £50 higher ](*,)
Get online to Compare the Market… I use it every year when my policy is due.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BoxerCup
Club Member 12

Postby BoxerCup » Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:59 am

If you go abroad, then Carole Nash. Part of your premium covers overseas, but if you don't go, then possibly wasted money.
I've dealt with their claims dept. too, in a no fault claim; very good.

John

+1 for Carole Nash :wink:
These Air-Cooled Boxer Engines are full of character :cool:

2004 R1100S Boxer Cup ltd edition
2002 Yamaha XJR1300SP - Yellow Kenny Roberts - bought new and covered over 100,000 km 29.04.17

Bill Smithson
Forum User

Postby Bill Smithson » Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:08 am

Part of your premium covers overseas, but if you don't go, then possibly wasted money.
John
Hi John,
I've been insured with CN for many years on a 6 wheel policy - car and 3 (was 4) bikes. I did ask about a reduction for overseas cover on 2 bikes I wouldn't use abroad and the answer was the "cover overseas is free anyway", so no reduction.

windmill john
Forum User
Location: Somewhere in Southern England. bip bip bip, loose lips sinks ships

Postby windmill john » Sat Mar 17, 2018 12:18 pm

I think they are just saying that as they would not remove it from their policy. unfortunarely due to personal changes (good changes) we haven't been abroad for four years-ish. I have six wheel too.
http://www.kittos.co.uk
Best roads: 623 Burgos to Santander. A back road to Metz; can't remember which!
Schorsch 1978-80 R65 - bit of a Shetland pony; frisky and naughty.
Too many bikes have come and gone, trying to be sensible now!

Mark Esposito
Forum User
Country of Residence: Wales

Postby Mark Esposito » Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:07 pm

I've just moved from Bennetts to Carole Nash,
I had a mixed experience with Bennetts, when I had a accident they wrote off my first R80RT on the back of only photos that showed fairing top left panel damage and twisted fairing support brackets, being written off surprised me but on the upside they settled the claim quickly which enabled me to buy a replacement R80RT for my planned trip to Germany which was 6 weeks later, I had to pay a fee to change the policy to the replacement bike.
I renewed that year and carried on, I had paid to retain the old bike and slowly got it back into fine cosmetic condition ( it was still roadworthy after the accident and I drove it back from derby via west Yorkshire to home in south Wales) I enquired at Bennetts what they require to re insure the bike, they said a engineer report and a new mot , so I made enquiries and they guys at my local mot place agreed to do both for me, I contacted Bennetts to arrange to add my old bike onto the current policy so I could ride the bike to get the MOT and report, but they said they could not do it until it had the MOT and report done which meant I would have to pay for the MOT the report and then for the bike to be transported to the MOT bike shop, then they dropped the bombshell that they would not add the bike and I would have to start a second policy, at this point I put my plans on hold.
At renewal Bennetts came in at £251.26 fully comp for the 1 bike with £350 excess.
I went to Carole Nash for a quote and got both bikes covered fully comp with no excess for £181.38 which comes with breakdown cover in UK and EU.
I found Bennetts fast at settling the claim and very efficient, but quite restrictive when I needed to alter the policy, which I can't blame them for if they don't do multibike and I hadn't originally asked for it, however all the hoop jumping to put a bike with very minor damage back on the road was a bit tiresome.
I can't comment much on Carole Nash other than the very good deal and they were very efficient sorting me out cover.

I've read that Carole Nash are known to jack the price at first renewal but will have to wait and see if that happens to me, bit so far they have been very good.

Mark

Sent from my VFD 710 using Tapatalk

I have 1985 BMW R80 RT monolever & a 1988 R80 RT in case i forget to mention it when asking a question !

goldenoldy
Forum User
Country of Residence: united kingdom

Postby goldenoldy » Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:23 pm

Hi John. I’m with Bennett’s. Two years now. My renewal like yours was substantially higher. I went on line with them and opened a brand new quote and got it very much the same as my first year. Don’t ask me why!
Brian
Should have mentioned that it was on a comparison site

Mark Esposito
Forum User
Country of Residence: Wales

Re: RE: Re: recomended insurance companies

Postby Mark Esposito » Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:26 pm

Hi John. I’m with Bennett’s. Two years now. My renewal like yours was substantially higher. I went on line with them and opened a brand new quote and got it very much the same as my first year. Don’t ask me why!
Brian
I forgot to say that with Bennetts my renewal was £60 up on last year, that's what prompted me to try Carole Nash.

Mark

Sent from my VFD 710 using Tapatalk

I have 1985 BMW R80 RT monolever & a 1988 R80 RT in case i forget to mention it when asking a question !

Richard(Sande)Sanders
Forum User
Country of Residence: Havant, England

Postby Richard(Sande)Sanders » Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:42 pm

I've been with Carol Nash for years, no problems, even after writing off my Kwak GTR1000, slippery country lane & a deer in the dark on the way
to work. Multibike policy with a K100RS combination & R1100RT solo.

JohnBoy
Forum User
Country of Residence: uk

Postby JohnBoy » Sat Mar 24, 2018 1:38 am

Thanks for your input guys , ill try CN tomorrow and phone Bennetts and see what they can do , I've also enquired with footman James on classic policy which didn't seem to bad

Rasputin
Forum User
Country of Residence: United Kingdom

Postby Rasputin » Sat Mar 24, 2018 3:22 pm

had a classic policy with footman for nearly 20yrs now...5 bikes on policy ranging from 1984 to 2004...modern bikes allowed as long as policy is based on a classic
Bmw R1100RT
Harley FXDWGI
Kwak GPZ900RR
Kwak GPZ1100E
Kwak LTD

Return to “K Series Q&A's”