Fuel Injectors - replace them and - WOW !

Post your Oilhead technical queries here

Moderator: Moderators

sykospain
Forum User
Country of Residence: Spain

Fuel Injectors - replace them and - WOW !

Postby sykospain » Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:05 am

That most informative Pelican Parts forum currently has several members orgasming about their latest farkle - replacing the original EV4 or EV6 single-jet matched Bosch fuel injectors with the latest versions as fitted to new bikes, the EV14.
Have a look at the forum and spend a few minutes reading the extremely enthusiastic comments by those who've spent their well-earned 200 snoojits with a guy in Germany called Jürgen Tills ( tills.de ). He supplies a pair of matched units with some bits of hardware to ease the fitting to a 15 minute job each side. There's even a vid showing the vastly-different spray-pattern of the original compared to the new.
This is the list of people I'd trust with my bike.

george baker
Moderator/Club Member
Country of Residence: uk

Re: Fuel Injectors - replace them and - WOW !

Postby george baker » Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:51 pm

Hi
what bike?
George
Member 21, R100R, K75 and a Hyosung 250 FOR SALE

Croaker65
Forum User
Country of Residence: United Kingdom

Postby Croaker65 » Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:52 am

Seems to be R1200 injector conversions for older models. Newer injectors may have enhanced spray patterns with possible benefits for engine smoothness etc. I haven't read everything on the subject but the jury seems to be out on the cost/benefit judging by the thread below thread. Also threads on ADV etc...

My view? If it ain't broke....

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/bmw-r110 ... 0xx-2.html

Cheers
Dave

Jeff Highland
Forum User
Country of Residence: Australia

Postby Jeff Highland » Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:30 am

Well I was having some doubts about the injectors on my '93 R1100RS. It had been laid up for 8 years before I bought it and needed fuel pump replacement etc, but I have been running it for a year.
Fitted these rebuilt injectors http://www.euromotoelectrics.com/produc ... 352rx2.htm (does need to reuse circlip)
Big improvement in starting, instead of 8 seconds cranking for a cold start, it is going in 2 and hot start is instant.
Judging by the very small amount of fuel released when I pulled the supply line, I think the old ones had been leaking and needing to bleed air and prime after a day or 2.
Can't be sure about other improvements, I think it's pulling better at low revs but that could be wishful thinking

Return to “Oilhead (R1100/1150/Cruiser) Q&A's”