In my desperation to get on the road cheaply and quickly last summer after a long break, I bought an LS2 F351 full-face crash hat for €70 (~£59). It fits well enough, but a bit noisy for me. So I think now is the time I ought to relegate it to occasional pillion use.
My previous helmet was Arai RX7-XX some 15-odd years back at £450.
- Removable lining
- Light weight c. 1100g
- Great ventilation
- Decent quick release visor to change between clear and road-legal tinted
- Very noisy
- Took a while to get used to doing up a double-D strap with gloves on
IOM98 by macplaxton, on Flickr
- Great for spectacles (I don't need to wear glasses to meet Group 1 medical standards (bikes, cars), but do for Group 2)
- Didn't need to take it off all the time as people could see my miserable/cheery face.
- Very quiet
- Good fit
- Rubbish thin visor
- Ventilation so-so (and rear extractor flappy thing broke off)
- Lining not removable
- Heavy c. 1800g
- Fit - can anyone with a current Schuberth offer an opinion as to current shape fit, given that my head was quite happy inside a 58/59 System 3?
- Noise - what are these new ones like - again given that I thought a System 3 was quiet.
- Connectivity - back in the olden days it was a very expensive proposition to get a mobile phone / two-way radio rigged up (I used to go around with a shoulder holster and radio pager), what's the latest Bluetooth stuff like? I mainly just want to listen to podcast on my phone, rather than which bit is going to fall off next.
Thanks in advance.