Knowledge of emulsion suspension? TFX and TOURATECH much more durable and functional all around on and offroad vs

Post your F Series Technical Q&A's here

Moderator: Moderators

Mtnbikerva1
Forum User
Country of Residence: United States

Knowledge of emulsion suspension? TFX and TOURATECH much more durable and functional all around on and offroad vs

Postby Mtnbikerva1 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:29 pm

What is your experience and knowledge with putting aftermarket suspension on 2009 BMW F 800 GS. I talked to Ted at Ted Porters Beamers shop in California and he highly recommended the TFX and Tractive suspension with hpa rear $1000 and $2000 for TT/TouraTech cartridge for the fork.
He said this stuff was much more durable and would not leak and fail like The big O and W that seems to be highly recommended on here. He says Wilber and Ohlins is good on road, NOT nearly as durable in the dust and dirt off road. Also the offroad suspension works much more than on road. He said that the emulsion method/technology of shocks, was not the way to go for durability and function.
I weigh 172 pounds and I am 6'1" tall.
I ride on all kinds of surfaces on and off road and will use it to commute to work in D.C. I also ride on interstate/high speed quality roads in Virginia, but then bad/crappie roads with potholes and garbage there along with all the keys/screws/nails etc. that get stuck in your tires. What a pain in the !',*^%
Or should I buy a KTM adventure bike like a 690,1090 or even a old 990?
Thank you, I WISH GOOD RIDING TO YOU.

george baker
Moderator/Club Member
Country of Residence: uk

Re: Knowledge of emulsion suspension? TFX and TOURATECH much more durable and functional all around on and offroad vs

Postby george baker » Sun Oct 15, 2017 3:39 pm

Hi
have you bought the bike? If not what are you riding atm?

George
Member 21, R100R, K75 and a Hyosung 250 FOR SALE

Return to “F Series Technical Q&A's”