A dream...

Your totally irrelevant posts go here - keep it clean with no flaming and absolutely no politics (Club or otherwise). Posts contravening this WILL be removed without warning.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
This forum may be used for your posts that don't fit elsewhere but please keep it clean, calm and respectful. As elsewhere, politics of any sort (including Club politics) are not permitted.
If you want to meet with others for your personal ride then please use the 'Anyone want to meet me?' forum.
If you want to invite the BM Riders Club to other club events please do it through official channels by contacting the Club Secretary.
Any posts contravening these guidelines may be removed without warning.
Bill Smithson
Forum User
Country of Residence: England

Re: A dream...

Postby Bill Smithson » Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:38 am

Hi
I still grow a thornless blackberry in the back garden
I had one of those but they are Promiscuous, so their offspring crop up from time to time, same leaf but thorny, but never the otherway
George
That's interesting George. I get a lot of brambles coming in from other gardens via bird droppings, but I also get a lot of the F1 hybrid I have which runs true to form.
I just need to stop my wife from cutting them down after I've promised the 'pups' to a neighbour for his allotment.

george baker
Moderator/Club Member
Country of Residence: uk

Postby george baker » Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:17 am

Hi Bill,
IIRC mine started as Oragon Thornless, narrow, palm like leaves which develop colour and hang on the bramble most winters.

George
Member 21, R100R, K75 and a Hyosung 250 FOR SALE

mike pace
Club Member 12
Country of Residence: England, UK

Postby mike pace » Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:52 pm

Hi Phil
Thanks for the invite. I actually sold my chain saw 18 mths ago. The only kit I still have from my tree days is my (I think) 80 metre rope. I will try and get sometime to talk trees, coppiceing, pollarding, thinning etc.
My daughter has taken up from me and works as a tree surgeon in london.
Happy woodsmanship.

Return to “General Off Topic Chat”