My R100/7

Tell us about your bike and show us photos

Moderator: Moderators

DelGS

My R100/7

Postby DelGS » Sun Apr 17, 2011 11:04 pm

...now they should be able to hear me coming...at least, they would do if the battery had'nt chosen today to die ( which is why the side-panels are off)...still, a good opportunity to upgrade, I think. Anyone on here used a Westco battery before?

Link below, seems like it should work OK. And then I can get on with all the fun of re-jetting to suit the exhausts. Deep joy....

http://www.tayna.co.uk/53030-BMW-Westco ... P3397.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Regards,

Del.

l200lfm

Re: My R100/7

Postby l200lfm » Fri Oct 07, 2011 4:40 pm

now that is one tasty bike

nmag
Forum User
Country of Residence: UK

Postby nmag » Sun Oct 09, 2011 12:20 am

This is a nice bike, I like the way you've got that classic BMW look. I was working in a local motorbike shop once and said to the owner that I had a '82 R100RT that I had repainted metallic grey and fitted an S fairing. His reply was "BMWs are ugly". I took a slight offence to this but put it down to his ignorance. Five years later I'm still riding the RT, not just because I find it nice looking, but because I have yet to find a better bike to replace it. Its more than quick enough for road use, handles well (for an almost 30 year old), starts on the button and if something were to break down, it should be easily sorted. It does about 55 mpg and holds enough petrol for over 200 miles, and when I take the wife on the back, she's comfortable and not perched up in the air. It even sounds nice, and at 70mph its so smooth I'm more relaxed than I really should be. Plus, those cylinders really keep your feet warm. Enjoy.

macp

Postby macp » Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:13 pm

That is just gorgeous.

george baker
Moderator/Club Member
Country of Residence: uk

Postby george baker » Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:37 am

Hi
mostly a K75 so I had forgotten the warm feet, must get the R out
George