The other club

Are you a member of a BMW Club? Tell us all about it. Absolutely no flaming!

Moderator: Moderators

condor
Forum User
Country of Residence: England

The other club

Postby condor » Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:55 am

Hi all

Does anyone know what as happened to the other clubs forum. I have been away for a week and come back to find it down, is it terminal?

Mike

raesewell
Forum User

Re: The other club

Postby raesewell » Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:59 am

Its been down a while I think they are changing severs and it has been more problematic than predicted. I'm not a paid up member so not my issue really, but If I was I would not be a very happy bunny. Seems like an inexperienced person has landed the job

mw3230
Forum User
Country of Residence: UK

Postby mw3230 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:37 pm

Its been down a while I think they are changing severs and it has been more problematic than predicted. I'm not a paid up member so not my issue really, but If I was I would not be a very happy bunny. Seems like an inexperienced person has landed the job

I am a member and my annoyance at not having access to the forum is tempered by the fact that I realise most, if not all, of the officers of the club are volunteers and as such perhaps they deserve a little of our patience. In any case, spitting my dummy out and cancelling/not renewing my membership would result in me losing a facility which I enjoy. The delay is a little irksome however!
Formerly 2013 K1600GTSE, now 2015 GSA

Bill Smithson
Forum User

Postby Bill Smithson » Wed Jul 10, 2013 5:38 pm

Its been down a while I think they are changing severs and it has been more problematic than predicted. I'm not a paid up member so not my issue really, but If I was I would not be a very happy bunny.

Seems like an inexperienced person has landed the job

There are a number of factors involved, the main one being the mass of information to be uploaded to the new server compounded by the very slow upload speed, further compounded by information that should have been conveyed to the Forum Administrator wasn't conveyed!
We are all frustrated by the delay/s especially as we can't do anything about it despite the great deal of time given freely by the volunteers.
It will be back on-line at some point. In the meantime enjoy the weather, get some miles in and forget the keyboard - it never solved anything!I

condor
Forum User

Postby condor » Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:21 am

Thanks for the reply Bill, my question was not ment to criticise the organisation but to try and find out what was going on.

It may be better if a note of explanation could be put on the main website explaining the issue to members, but I don't know if that is possible.

Anyway I am doing what you advise and going for a ride, life is to short to waste this weather.

Regards

Mike

Bill Smithson
Forum User

Postby Bill Smithson » Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:29 am

Thanks for the reply Bill, my question was not ment to criticise the organisation but to try and find out what was going on.
It may be better if a note of explanation could be put on the main website explaining the issue to members, but I don't know if that is possible.
Anyway I am doing what you advise and going for a ride, life is to short to waste this weather.
Regards
Mike
Hi Mike,
Thanks for your reply.
An explanation has been posted on each Sections area of the Club web pages as shown below,

Forum Down Time

This was necessary in order that the club website, membership database, regalia database and the forum itself can be moved from the existing server to another which will suit our needs in the future. After the download of all the information, there was an unexpected hold-up but this has now been overcome. Unfortunately the up-load speed to the new server is very much slower than the download, so the forum will not be operational for a while longer.

John King
Forum Admin

Unfortunately we/I can't do anything regarding posting anywhere on the forum while it's non-accessible, but the Sections and Registers areas are still working OK. Just click on LINKS at the top of the main page.
If anyone needs notification when the forum up and running again just send me an email address for an instant message to your Inbox.
Best regards,
Bill

Mike D
Forum User
Country of Residence: UK

Postby Mike D » Sun Jul 14, 2013 5:23 pm

The BMW Club Forum is now back online.

Mike

Return to “Your BMW Club”