/6 seat modification

Chat about anything to do with sidecars and outfits. NOT BMW specific - all welcome

Moderator: Moderators

Tincan3
Forum User
Country of Residence: Scotland

/6 seat modification

Postby Tincan3 » Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:31 pm

The 1970's standard hinging seat is sometimes a nusiance when working on my R75/6 - Watsonian 'Monaco' combination so, finally, I got around to making the modification described by Duane Ausherman [http://w6rec.com/duane/bmw/seatmod/index.htm].
I am now sorry I did not do it a long time ago! It was an easy conversion and made it also easier to carry out adjustment of the seat to fit better on the frame.
The photos also show another modification - that of a 5 x 30 mm mild steel bracket curving over the rear mudguard to join the tops of the rear suspension. Sidecar use had resulted in the frame cross member fracturing and welding it up again did not seem a robust solution. The cross bracket solved the problem and there is now no movement at the fracture. Clearance under the seat was tight but some attention from a ball hammer to the underside of the seat was the remedy. Now the seat fits really well and is solidly attached. Recommended!
shrouded_boltA.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Sidecar Chat”