newbie, both to the forum and sidecars

Chat about anything to do with sidecars and outfits. NOT BMW specific - all welcome

Moderator: Moderators

reggit

newbie, both to the forum and sidecars

Postby reggit » Sat Jun 08, 2013 9:07 am

Just thought I'd introduce myself before unashamedly bumping a 6 year old thread I found on the board :)

I'm Dave from Preston and have a motorcycle addiction.... (and a computer with a dicky shift key, so forgive some odd punctuation!) <- it worked then :)

My latest purchase has seen me turning to 'the dark side' - Yamaha FJ1200 and a squire ST1 or 2, I actually think its a hybrid now - hence going to bump a very old thread on the subject.

I'm sure i'll be asking some silly questions whilst attempting to master the art of driving it and making it not want to kill me all the time!

george baker
Moderator/Club Member
Country of Residence: uk

Re: newbie, both to the forum and sidecars

Postby george baker » Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:13 pm

Hi
it will want to kill you all the time-- it's a combo-- but sometimes it needs to lull you in to a faslse sense of confidence before it has a go DAMHIK

George
Member 21, R100R, K75 and a Hyosung 250 FOR SALE

Nabsim

Postby Nabsim » Thu Jul 04, 2013 3:58 pm

They are great fun, just remember you can't lean it very well on left handlers although you will be able to lean it on right with some practice it isn't advisable haha

The fj12 is a great bike and you should be ale to steer it easily with brake and throttle

Lolo
Moderator/Club Member
Country of Residence: Portugal

Postby Lolo » Thu Jul 04, 2013 5:12 pm

Hello and welcome to the forum :-)
Living the dream :sunny:

reggit

Postby reggit » Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:41 pm

Just to update, I decided to get some leading links for the FJ, but not had time to fit them. The day they arrive(2 months late) from hedingham, our baby decided to make an appearance!

Anyway, I've identified the chair as a 'squire ST original', but have now seen a squire RS1 advertised, as this is a parent/child model, I was wondering about buying as I just have the fear that as the baby grows up, he may try and wriggle out of the seat of the ST. As I can't get to see the RS before the eBay auction ends, I thought I'd ask on here to see if anyone knows how the RS compares to the ST, looks the same size on the pictures, but would like to confirm.

Cheers :)

george baker
Moderator/Club Member
Country of Residence: uk

Postby george baker » Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:10 pm

Hi
from memory-- 30 years ago

The child adult means that you can strap him in the covered bit at the back more easily than in the single seat, Also the hood was better

A cat went out the back cos I had no window and it got out of its cat basket but I think a child would be safe (if you had a rear window)

If it is local to me I can go and have a look for you

George
Member 21, R100R, K75 and a Hyosung 250 FOR SALE

reggit

Postby reggit » Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:35 pm

Thanks George,

It's actually in northwich, but I'm happy bidding blind as the seller appears to be very honest. I was more wanting to verify it was more or less the same as the ST with the extra child area at the back, which I think it is.

Just a bit hard getting info as its 30 odd years old and I've only got a phone to hand!

Nabsim

Postby Nabsim » Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:03 pm

Sorry I missed the later question. It was an ST (I believe) that I had on my xs11, the one with seat at front with a hood over and glass fibre top on wrap round screen for the back?

To be sure kids couldn't get out you would need some kind of restraint. The front seat pivots forward if pushed. Saying that when the hood is in place and properly fixed it wouldn't be easy for a child to get out. Hood off would be a different matter. I think anyway you should fit some kind of restraint for young kids

gordon jones

Postby gordon jones » Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:47 pm

Hi Newbie,
I`m a newbie to! If your perchase is with who I think it might be you will be on thin ice. ring me on 01452 831786 be you part with your money I`d like to help you if I can. cheers gordon

Ruralman
Club Member 12
Country of Residence: Scotland

Postby Ruralman » Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:04 pm

Hi Reggit,
Welcome to the forum
Keith
Keith Hillier
Club Chairman
chairman@bmridersclub.com
----------------------------------