ST2 screen

Chat about anything to do with sidecars and outfits. NOT BMW specific - all welcome

Moderator: Moderators

StokerRN

ST2 screen

Postby StokerRN » Sun Feb 22, 2015 6:38 am

Hi
I'm in the process of attaching an Squire ST2 chair to my 1983 R100rs. The screen was missing when I bought the chair which had been sprayed an awful matt green and the original mudguard replaced by half a tyre. The brackets which held the rat bike type mudguard have been chiselled off and the original mudguard fitted. Can anyone advise on spare parts in particular a screen that will fit?

keiththeoutfitter1
Club Member 12
Country of Residence: United Kingdom

Re: ST2 screen

Postby keiththeoutfitter1 » Sun Feb 22, 2015 8:38 am

Hi,
nice to se another outfit being built. Whereabouts are you?
Watsonian Squire are very helpful and can supply all spares. The ST3 screen will fit the ST2. Drop them a mail.

http://www.watsonian-squire.com/sidecars/squire-st3

Keith
R1200RT
K1100RS + EZS Rally Sidecar
Kawasaki Versys 650

StokerRN

Postby StokerRN » Sun Feb 22, 2015 10:26 pm

I'm in Notts. Tried an email to Watsonian a few weeks ago No reply. I'll try again or ring them. I thought the ST3 had the hinged screen? Anyway I'll give them a bell.
Regards

R100rs
Honda G5 250 being restored (when I get time)
Hopefully a Triumph 6T (when I've blackmailed my mate)

keiththeoutfitter1
Club Member 12

Postby keiththeoutfitter1 » Sun Feb 22, 2015 11:14 pm

Both the ST2 and the ST3 have the hinged screen. If yours is not hinged, then it is probably an ST1. Even if the original screen was not hinged, the hinged screen will fit, you just need to drill the body for the hinges and for the retaining clips at the back edge of the screen.
In my experience, WS sometimes do respond better to a phone call than an email. You could then send them a photo of your sidecar so that they can identify it exactly for any parts you need.
Keith.
R1200RT
Kawasaki Versys 650

StokerRN

Postby StokerRN » Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:58 am

Thanks Keith
Its definitely a ST2 as it has the roll-over bar. I think the later hinged one came when Watsonian took over Squire. But I may be wrong. But I will do as you advise and see what transpires.
Rdg
Les

keiththeoutfitter1
Club Member 12

Postby keiththeoutfitter1 » Mon Feb 23, 2015 12:30 pm

Ther is some useful identification info here although screens are not mentioned.

viewtopic.php?t=4604

I bought my ST2 almost new in 1984 and it had the hinged screen and a friend has an outfit built in 1978 with a new ST2 which did not have the hinges, although he has since added them. In any case, the hinged screen is a great help for the passenger getting in and out.
Keith
R1200RT
Kawasaki Versys 650

StokerRN

Postby StokerRN » Sun Mar 01, 2015 12:46 pm

Well that's food for thought. I will contact Watsonian and see how many beer tokens a new screen is. Thanks for your help Keith.

Return to “Sidecar Chat”