hi all

We're a friendly bunch here so why not introduce yourself to the community

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Don't forget that you MUST log-in at least once every six months to keep your account active. Failure to do so will result in your account being deleted on the assumption that it's unused.

PLEASE only use this forum to introduce yourselves - technical queries here are likely to go unanswered.
gkerk01
Forum User
Country of Residence: uk

hi all

Postby gkerk01 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:13 pm

Hi all. my names Geoff, I am from the UK and have just started an affair with an 85 K100 RT. I have no doubts that the combined knowledge of the members of this site will become an invaluable aid to the rebuild of this brick. so be warned I will be asking questions that may sound silly, but, go easy on me please I am a K virgin. but, I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your help in advance. cheers.

george baker
Moderator/Club Member

Re: hi all

Postby george baker » Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:40 pm

Hi
Welcome. Where are you based? What does your brick need doing? G
Member 21, R100R, K75 and a Hyosung 250 FOR SALE

gkerk01
Forum User

Postby gkerk01 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:26 pm

hi George, based near Peterborough, the bike has been parked outside for the last 5 years, so water ingress everywhere, at the moment I am stripping everything that is damaged. But I will be updating and questioning as the bike goes back together.

george baker
Moderator/Club Member

Postby george baker » Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:38 pm

hi
read thought the site to find stuff about recommissioning bricks, there is a [sort of] standard Procedure

george

j8ejc
Forum User
Country of Residence: UK

Postby j8ejc » Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:38 am

Welcome to the forum from Gtr Manchester.

Good luck with the re commissioning process and there is a wealth of knowledge here to assist where necessary

John
R1100RT

MallyMcD
Forum User
Country of Residence: England

Postby MallyMcD » Sun Jan 21, 2018 5:28 pm

Hi, I'm Mally in East Sussex. Always had an airhead twin since 1977, sometimes alongside other makes. Currently on 4th which is a 1977 R100RS with 155k miles on it. Well used & scruffy but it does the job. As I no longer ride to work and better half cannot ride pillion for long journeys any more, only problem is keeping the miles up.

Jon S
Club Member 13
Country of Residence: UK

Postby Jon S » Sun Jan 21, 2018 5:58 pm

Hi fella, welcome in and all that. I'm based way up near the NW Frontier, well the Lake District.

JonS
"Never push a full commode" :grin:

george baker
Moderator/Club Member

Postby george baker » Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:13 pm

hi
welcome, rs's are too much work for me cos the wrists and neck hurt

we have a couple of Planned events along the coast from you, join us and come along

check the events tab to see where-- and don't say it's too far a couple of us are coming from Lancashire/Cheshire

George

P-K
Site Admin/Club Member
Country of Residence: England

Postby P-K » Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:23 pm

Hi Geoff,

Welcome to the Forum :smile:
Phil,
''93 R100GSPD : '17 R9T Urban G/S : '12 R1200R
Site Administrator, Assistant Webmaster and Official Club Tweeter @BMRidersClub

gkerk01
Forum User

Postby gkerk01 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:29 pm

Thanks for the warm response everyone.
update on the bike. It was parked outside for 5 years with no cover on so this is a labour of love for me. It is progressing nicely, back-end all stripped down, splines and driveshaft are dry but splines are good. I wish the same could be said for the pressure plate though. It was not a pretty sight, broken spring plate that had gouged a nice little groove in the bell housing but its added a bit more character lol. the new pressure plate has been installed, and everything has been greased with moly and put back together, all torqued up and cleaned. I couldn't believe that the alloy was actually silver, not green. I honestly thought BMW, in its wisdom, had decided to produce an environmentally friendly bike complete with moss and algae lol.next job is to empty the water out of the petrol tank and see what kind of condition the fuel pump is in.. My expectations are not very good. so I wonder if I should order a new one now lol

gkerk01
Forum User

Postby gkerk01 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:35 pm

Mally, I am looking forward to the day that I can put a few miles on this brick. But I am not too optimistic about it being anytime soon lol.
George, I will check out the events tab and see whats happening over the next couple of months, I may have to take a coastal trip and say hello.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”