Rukka Armaxis owners .. your thoughts ?

The new BM Riders Club Forum - OPEN TO ALL

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
This forum is for the benefit of BM Riders Club Members but is open for all to share so that you can see the advantages of becoming a Club Member which would then permit you to attend Club events.
kfrogzx7
Forum User

Rukka Armaxis owners .. your thoughts ?

Postby kfrogzx7 » Tue Nov 29, 2016 12:02 pm

I've just bought a much vaunted Rukka Armaxis suit and I'm grappling with several aspects of it's use / design.

My first main issue is the removable fleece / windproof liner, how do you other owners get on with it ?

I'm finding that the bizarre positioning of the sleeve retention buttons means that the sleeve always pulls itself inside out when you take the jacket off.
The problem, to my mind, is that the colour coded ( eh ? you can't see them when attaching half way up the sleeve !!! ) buttons are nearer the elbow of the sleeve than the wrist, so as you pull your arm out the wrist part of the fleece liner comes too.
My only solution, and I wonder whether this is what others do, is to not use the liner attached to the jacket but rather just as another base layer ?

This obviously misses the point of a removable thermal liner and is surely a glaring design fault in a >£1K jacket !!

Oh and whilst on the fleece, it seems to me to be too long to easily allow the jacket to be zipped to the trousers without bunching it up, is this what others find or is that just me ?

Also the stretchy goretex band at the wrist which should allow for a glove to be zipped inside the outer jacket sleeve only works if you have a glove which has exactly the right amount of height at the wrist itself. Most touring / sports gloves these days come a good 3" up your arm and mostly also have some form of ( velcro ) tightening strap both features preclude the use of the Rukka design.

Anyway, despite this post, I do love the suit and I'm sure I'll get used to it, won't I ?
Simon
R1200st, R1100s, K100rs, R1150rs

george baker
Moderator/Club Member
Country of Residence: uk

Re: Rukka Armaxis owners .. your thoughts ?

Postby george baker » Tue Nov 29, 2016 11:09 pm

Hi
decent comments as a review. Pity the design (sic) seem so poor

George
Member 21, R100R, K75 and a Hyosung 250 FOR SALE

Teetwothousand
Forum User
Country of Residence: Nr Thirsk, UK

Postby Teetwothousand » Wed Nov 30, 2016 9:18 am

I had been thinking about whether to sell my body (many times) and invest in some Rukka gear but the Yorkshire in me could not face the price - so I also really appreciate your review. I am sorry that I cannot comment on how it might all work but they are loved by all so hopefully you will find a comment or two from those that have it.
F650 GS (800twin)

bmk12s
Forum User

Postby bmk12s » Fri Dec 09, 2016 9:20 pm

Save your money, very unimpressed at having to send my Argonaut trousers back twice for repair in the first 18 months due to soggy gonads + the jacket once due to a dodgy main zip and stretch material wearing through near the waist due to the press stud on the arm rubbing when walking, even more impressed when the worn material was knocked back as "wear & tear" leaving me to pay for the repair. I suspect that despite the much advertised 6 year warranty most of the problems will be down to "wear & tear" as time marches on. The tale of the "emperors new clothes" springs to mind regarding the famed Rukka quality.
1978 R100RS Motorsport
1978 R100SRS Motorsport
1979 R100RT

jackandthebear
Forum User
Country of Residence: uk

Postby jackandthebear » Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:45 pm

I had 1 the waterproof zip is rubbish and would give way in an accident IMHO
1981 BMW R100RS
2005 Yamaha FJR1300

Return to “BM Riders Club”