April 18th Jacksons Farm Shop Yorkshire lunch meet

Official BM Riders Club Events may be discussed here and full listings are on the Club website. Read & Reply ONLY

Moderators: Club Member/Moderator, Events Co-ordinators

Forum rules
This Forum is purely to display information on current and potential official Club Events - discussion of upcoming and past events is encouraged but as this area is for official events, new Topics may only be posted by Club Officials or Event Co-ordinators.

For an event to be official and thus covered by the Club insurance, it must have been sanctioned by one of the Club officials who will have the power to post whatever is appropriate - you may then discuss the event if you wish. Only events listed on the website or e-Zine Calendars are official.

You must be a fully paid up Club Member in order to attend Club events although if you wish to attend one event with a view seeing if you wish to become a Member then one of the Club Officers may sanction that if you ask although you will be required to complete a 'Temporary Membership' form.

If you'd like to suggest a new event then your suggestions, offers etc can be made in the 'Event Suggestions' Forum. To propose an event you need to talk to one of the Event Co-ordinators or an Officer and ask them to make an initial post and/or sanction and list it.

The official Club Event Calendar can be seen here: http://www.bmridersclub.com/calendar.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
gogs01
Club Member 12
Country of Residence: Scotland

Re: April 18th Jacksons Farm Shop Yorkshire lunch meet

Postby gogs01 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:16 pm

Fantastic turnout guys - well done everyone who attended (and he who attempted but didn't quite make it)! :smile:

Gordon [gogs01] - great effort, must be one of the highest mileages yet to get to a Lunch Meet and up there with Tony [Tony the Skin] and Mark [Baggy]. =D>
Ced - pity you're otherwise engaged these days, you would have enjoyed this meet. I only had 15 minutes of rain on the way to Kendal yesterday, discovered a very "interesting" road this morning courtesy of Garmin, and rode all the way home this afternoon without seeing rain.

Try to free up Tuesday 27th June - that's being proposed as a Northern Meet at St Mary's Loch, and some of the English contingent will be up to see what great roads and scenery look like ! :grin:
Current BMW : 2017MY R1200RT LE in Platinum Bronze :smile:
Previous BMWs : R1200RT SE (2007 then 2010), R1200RT 90th Anniversary model (2013). :smile:

Nick Jackson
Club Member 12
Country of Residence: UK

Postby Nick Jackson » Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:48 pm

Brilliant turnout, those Lancastrians are alright really, they didn't choose where they were born!
What a great venue P-K, you come up with some really good meeting places, the food and surroundings are great,
Long may it continue.
Nick.

R80/7 R100/7 R100RS Trident T155 Bultaco Sherpa

Tony the Skin
Club Member 12
Country of Residence: England

Postby Tony the Skin » Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:08 am

Great meeting. No fighting broke out between the Lancs and Yorks lads. Farmerboy made a great speech about what a wonderful Yorkshire café we were in run by wonderful Yorkshire people. This diplomatic overture might have gone down better if the café at Slaidburn was not in Lancashire and not run by Lancastrians. Tango and I convinced the owner that John was not with us.
BMW R75/5
BMW R90/S
BMW R75/7
BMW K75 Sprint
BMW K1600
Harleys
MZ 251
Suzuki GT750A

Membership No. 672

Rugbycoach
Moderator/Club Member
Country of Residence: Yorkshire

Postby Rugbycoach » Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:07 am

This is why this club wins. Great people😄💕
Colin
R1200GSA

keiththeoutfitter1
Club Member 12
Country of Residence: United Kingdom

Postby keiththeoutfitter1 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:45 pm

Update:
Jefferies reported this morning that there was a pool of oil under the bike after it had been left overnight. This was from the rear of the engine so they were taking the gearbox off.
Later they reported that they had have the gearbox off and the problem is that the balance weight(s) have come loose on the 'compensator shaft'. New parts have been ordered.
I've never heard of this happening before, has anyone else?
PS. Ced, the 1600 certainly is a rocketship! That engine is incredible. Lovely bike, but waaay out of my price range :sad:
Keith
R1200RT
K1100RS + EZS Rally Sidecar
Kawasaki Versys 650

Galactic Greyhound
Moderator/Club Member

Postby Galactic Greyhound » Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:11 pm

Fantastic turnout guys - well done everyone who attended (and he who attempted but didn't quite make it)! :smile:

Gordon [gogs01] - great effort, must be one of the highest mileages yet to get to a Lunch Meet and up there with Tony [Tony the Skin] and Mark [Baggy]. =D>
Ced - pity you're otherwise engaged these days, you would have enjoyed this meet. I only had 15 minutes of rain on the way to Kendal yesterday, discovered a very "interesting" road this morning courtesy of Garmin, and rode all the way home this afternoon without seeing rain.

Try to free up Tuesday 27th June - that's being proposed as a Northern Meet at St Mary's Loch, and some of the English contingent will be up to see what great roads and scenery look like ! :grin:

It's pencilled in on my calendar Gordon! :smile:
Alan [Aladin] posted about it in his 'Northern Meet' thread.

I did consider attending Jackson's but on the Monday before I'd just finished a fortnight of various people and family staying over which has left me knackered! :shock:
Nice to see you fly the flag though! =D>
Ced.

R1100RT 1996.
Sent by Boson Quantum Transmission from the Starship 'Galahad'.
http://www.researchgate.net/publication ... ing_bosons" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - It works!

P-K
Site Admin/Club Member

Postby P-K » Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:27 pm

This is why this club wins. Great people😄💕
Couldn't agree more Colin.
That's why I'm more than willing to keep doing the little bits that I do for the club. :grin: :lol: :drunken: :cool: :razz:
Phil,
''93 R100GSPD : '17 R9T Urban G/S : '12 R1200R
Site Administrator, Assistant Webmaster and Official Club Tweeter @BMRidersClub

gogs01
Club Member 12

Postby gogs01 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:32 pm

That's why I'm more than willing to keep doing the little bits that I do for the club. :grin: :lol: :drunken: :cool: :razz:
It's appreciated Phil ! =D>
Current BMW : 2017MY R1200RT LE in Platinum Bronze :smile:
Previous BMWs : R1200RT SE (2007 then 2010), R1200RT 90th Anniversary model (2013). :smile:

Rugbycoach
Moderator/Club Member

Postby Rugbycoach » Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:43 am

It's appreciated Phil ! =D>
Agreed.

Anyone fancy a Couple nights away to make travelling north on the 27th June to long a trek for the St Mary's lock get together? Travelodge at Dumfies not too expensive?
Colin
R1200GSA

Aladin1
Club Member 12

Postby Aladin1 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:27 am

As a few members fancied camping this is what I proposed on the events suggestion section:-

"I propose a ride up into Scotland on Monday afternoon 26th and pitch tents at a suitable site, a meal and a beer or two to follow, go to the meet on Tuesday and afterwards have a bit of a ride out, in the evening more food and beer and set off home on Wednesday morning"

Camping is not for everyone though so Ced suggested a base at Moffat where there is a campsite and plenty of B&Bs. I'm planning on camping but I will go with the flow and B&B if a Travelodge is more convenient.

Alan
2007 R1200GS
1985 K100RT
1961 G12 Matchless

Aladin1
Club Member 12

Postby Aladin1 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:33 am

Colin......it might be better if we move this to the events discussions thread ref: Northern meets.
2007 R1200GS
1985 K100RT
1961 G12 Matchless

Nick Jackson
Club Member 12
Country of Residence: UK

Postby Nick Jackson » Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:16 pm

Alan,
I quite like the idea, there's a camping club site actually in Moffat, always excellent sites with good clean facilities and a very short walk from the town.
It's about time I got some use from my CC membership.
Nick.

R80/7 R100/7 R100RS Trident T155 Bultaco Sherpa

Aladin1
Club Member 12

Postby Aladin1 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:59 pm

Nick........me, Tango and George Baker have already booked at the CC site at Moffat. See thread on event suggestions and discussions.
Alan
2007 R1200GS
1985 K100RT
1961 G12 Matchless

Rugbycoach
Moderator/Club Member

Postby Rugbycoach » Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:32 pm

About to move house and away to the Harz at the end of May. Thinking about dusting of the camping gear for this one. Last time it was used ws at the C&CC site at Moffat Know it well.
Colin
R1200GSA

Rugbycoach
Moderator/Club Member

Postby Rugbycoach » Sat May 27, 2017 4:48 pm

Colin......it might be better if we move this to the events discussions thread ref: Northern meets.
Has this been Moved?? Maureen and I are riding up to Moffat and if anyone wanted to join us we are planning going from Boroughbridge up to Barnard castle.kielder possibly the Buddist temple time and weather permitting and onto Moffat
Colin
R1200GSA

Aladin1
Club Member 12

Postby Aladin1 » Sat May 27, 2017 7:47 pm

This thread has moved to the events suggestion and discussions section under Northern meets. No plans have been made yet for riding up together but some of the Lancs. lads mentioned joining up maybe in the Penrith area. I think a few including me would like to visit the Buddhist Temple on the way up. The meet has been sanctioned as an official event and the paperwork completed but no sign of it on the events calendar as yet. Perhaps an administrator could nudge this along?
2007 R1200GS
1985 K100RT
1961 G12 Matchless

george baker
Moderator/Club Member
Country of Residence: uk

Postby george baker » Sun May 28, 2017 12:02 pm

Hi
I have a hospital appointment booked that day ](*,)
and you know how hard it is to rearrange, last time I got a 2 month delay before I could get a replacement appointment (and they have a 1 change policy) so dont think I can go so you can have my campsite booking if you want Colin, or anyone else but Colin gets first dibs

George
Member 21, R100R, K75 and a Hyosung 250 FOR SALE

Rugbycoach
Moderator/Club Member

Postby Rugbycoach » Sun May 28, 2017 3:19 pm

George thanks for the offer but not needed as we are booked in for B&B.
Colin
R1200GSA

Rugbycoach
Moderator/Club Member

Postby Rugbycoach » Sun May 28, 2017 3:26 pm

No plans have been made yet for riding up together but some of the Lancs. lads mentioned joining up maybe in the Penrith area. I think a few including me would like to visit the Buddhist Temple on the way up. The meet has been sanctioned. Perhaps an administrator could nudge this along?
Penrith wrong side of country hence going via Barnard castle Kielder and then possibly the temple
Colin
R1200GSA

george baker
Moderator/Club Member
Country of Residence: uk

Postby george baker » Sun May 28, 2017 5:45 pm

Hi Colin,
I will think of you as someone pokes and prods me

George
Member 21, R100R, K75 and a Hyosung 250 FOR SALE

Return to “Official Club Event Listings”