Avoid Petseal Ultra

Got some useful tips for doing a tricky job or know of a cheap alternate part? This is the place to list them.

Moderator: Moderators

dudley

Avoid Petseal Ultra

Postby dudley » Sat Jun 15, 2013 4:16 pm

PETSEAL ULTRA PETROL TANK SEALANT 260 ML.. LATEST ETHENOL...Ebay UK No.261008152123

On 14th May 2012 I spent £35.98 on two 260ml Petseal Ultra's from the Ebay shop of 'mttjc2005'/ Webster's Motorcycles. This was applied in strict accordance with the instructions very soon after to my BMW R80/7 petrol tank.

I have today (15th June 2013) been informed by my local motorcycle mechanic that this Petseal Ultra has 'melted' (-'turned to goo') and has clogged my carbs. My only recourse now is to obtain a new petrol tank. Have others experienced this?
The trader is still selling this product on Ebay.

Kind regards,
Dudley

Jaythro
Forum User
Country of Residence: Norn Iron

Re: Avoid Petseal Ultra

Postby Jaythro » Sat Jun 15, 2013 8:59 pm

I'd say your mechanic is taking the easy route

A litre of acetone should remove most of the rest of the stuff then see what http://www.frost.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; have on offer for the newest version POR15

Much better stuff Besides the stuff he's selling may be a copy and not real
"Put your Ass on a motorcycle and ride with an attitude and the "Grim Reaper" will ride in your shadow!"

Islandmagee in case you're interested?

dudley

Postby dudley » Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:43 am

Jaythro,
Thanks for the link to Frost.co.uk. I actually had a reply from Webster's M/C's saying that they'd be in touch when they reopen Monday morning. The stuff I used is exactly the same as that sold by Motorworks >
http://www.motorworks.co.uk/vlive/Shop/ ... 5_20_GA_80" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

In the meantime the search for a replacement tank continues...

dudley

Postby dudley » Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:00 pm

Update:
Websters m/c's were very helpful and today I received FOC a tin of solvent to clean out the failed Petseal.
I found a used fuel tank on Ebay from an R65 which also came today and having unwrapped it realise that the 'saddle' of the tank is different to that on my R80/7 - so it won't fit. ](*,) #-o

Where do I go from here..?

Dudley

magmet17
Forum User
Country of Residence: england

Postby magmet17 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:45 pm

hi yes spent £20 on petseal ultra i followed the instructions to the letter. only to find it had all sank to the bottom of the tank and cracked at room temp what a mess. I phoned websters motorcycles found him to be very rude and telling me i have done wrong . He told me he never had problem with product in the past. But he did tell me he would sell me some remover for £20. i told him f__k off. Reading on the internet this product is best left alone. i think he was reading from a script and was not going to budge.

regards nick

george baker
Moderator/Club Member
Country of Residence: uk

Postby george baker » Sat Nov 04, 2017 4:37 pm

Hi magmet17
welcome, tell us a bit more about you and your bike

George
Member 21, R100R, K75 and a Hyosung 250 FOR SALE

Return to “Tricks 'n' Tips..”