Moderator: Moderators

Mike D
Forum User
Country of Residence: UK

Re: BMW Motorad Warranties

Postby Mike D » Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:03 am

The information from Bill was:

I checked my BMW Warranty booklet (page 20) which states that

"You must keep Your Vehicle in an efficient and roadworthy condition and regularly service it in accordance with the Manufacturers recommendations and genuine parts, or parts of equivalent specification must be used."

It doesn't have to be a main dealer, however you do have to obtain and keep the receipts and have the service book updated by the servicing garage

Followed by a quote from the Independent's website:

Here at XXX we service a large number of motorcycle still under manufactures warranty, this does not in anyway affect the warranty on your motorcycle as we only use genuine parts, recommended lubricants and follow the manufacture service schedule as a minimum but when we service your motorcycle we do add additional checks and adjustments.

Mike

craigyboybmw1

Postby craigyboybmw1 » Sat Nov 22, 2014 11:34 pm

Hi guys you have got me thinking now , I have owned my 1200gs for 6 months 57 plate 2bmw warranty stamps 7200 miles when purchased now it has 11400 miles , the book shows it was serviced early this year 7000 miles , but I'm thinking because of its age do I take it to Bmw and ask to have it treated like a bike that would need things changed at almost 8yrs old .
I'm planning a 12000 mile service the bike does run a dream no problems what's so ever I have a private plate on her and some ppl that see it do ask if it's new so do I take it to Bmw for a good old once over I wouldn't mind paying about £300 for piece of mind knowing Bmw have checked it over but not £700 lol or do I just do the basic service my self plugs , all filters & oil and just appreciate the ride ? Thanks guys

chasbmw
Forum User

Postby chasbmw » Fri Aug 14, 2015 11:04 am

Generally need proof that BMW bits and approved consume rambles used + vat able invoice
Charles
2016 CCM 450
1975 R90/6
1958 R50

Ruralman
Club Member 12
Country of Residence: Scotland

BMW Motorad Warranties

Postby Ruralman » Fri Aug 14, 2015 11:40 am

Thread resurrection? :grin:

Keith Hillier
BM Riders Club Chairman