Low Seat

Post your Hexhead (watercooled) technical queries here

Moderator: Moderators

Blaktop1

Low Seat

Postby Blaktop1 » Sat Jan 03, 2015 2:22 pm

Hi All
Having pondered on weather to purchase a low seat for rider or dual low seat, although I like the look of the low duel seat it does not come heated and a whopping expense if it not right.

Missed a low rider seat on ebay for £40 #-o and it was heated, not really fussed if its not heated just wondered if whilst disconnected it upsets anything and were half way through winter so by the time I get one probably not use the heater.

Had looked at some posts but none really definitive as to not worth it, does not do the job, really uncomfortable, that sort of thing, I am 5,11 and 13 stone and prefer the single rider comfort position on suspension, I do find it a tad high so maybe the low seat may help, your thoughts please.

Lolo
Moderator/Club Member
Country of Residence: Portugal

Re: Low Seat

Postby Lolo » Sat Jan 03, 2015 6:59 pm

Ive not tried the lower seat on the new water cooled 1200.

I have a lowered seat on the 1200GS and can/ have used it on the GSA to reach the floor ( without my mad boots on) 5ft 2" 28" inside leg.

I find the seat very comfortable but have heard a few stories that they are not too comfy.

I can ride for 4/5 hours before I get a numb bum!

They are quite scalloped out and quite steep to the front.
Living the dream :sunny:

keith565

Postby keith565 » Tue Jan 06, 2015 7:28 am

i used a comfort seat on my 2007 rt and it was fab. i'm surprised BMW are not doing a heated comfort seat for the new RT. and as for the cost, well worth it for me.

Scotty

Postby Scotty » Wed Nov 11, 2015 1:43 pm

I have a new lower seat which I got for my 2006 1200 which I never used cos I got a new RT it is not heated but it is for sale for £50 if anybody is interested that's half of what it cost me. Scotty

Return to “Hexhead (Watercooled R1200) Q&A's”