K75c under tank fittings

Post your K Series technical queries here

Moderator: Moderators

Clockdoctor
Forum User
Country of Residence: England

K75c under tank fittings

Postby Clockdoctor » Wed Nov 06, 2019 8:14 pm

Advice needed on K75c under tank fittings please.
My recently acquired K75c has been sadly neglected by it's one previous owner. Despite it's genuine and fully documented 44k mileage, it has never been garaged in all of its 33year life, so is somewhat 'tarnished'. Before I start using it for my commute, I am working my way through the usual mechanical and electrical checks to make sure that everything is in good order.
My query is related to the two fuel tank breather stubs located beneath the tank, near to the sender unit plate. I am reasonably sure that neither of these pipes on a K75c should have a rubber hose fitted, but I do wish to know whether they vent over (or into) a plastic pot which clips to the frame rails. My bike has no such fittings, so the breather stubs vent to air directly above the wiring loom!
Should I be concerned about this? I have examined the Haynes and Clymer manuals and can only find these 'pipe and pot' fittings on other models in the K series range. RealOEM parts diagrams are not a lot of help either.
Also' should there be a sheet of heat insulating material beneath my tank? If so, it's missing, so what is the best method of replacing it?
Can anybody with a K75c out there in forum land help me with this info? :?:
Thanks.

Return to “K Series Q&A's”