MORE UPGRADES TO MY R1150r

Post your Oilhead technical queries here

Moderator: Moderators

BASHER DAVIS
Forum User
Country of Residence: Uk

MORE UPGRADES TO MY R1150r

Postby BASHER DAVIS » Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:12 pm

Not had the bike long, but I’ve done a few upgrades to get the bike to more of my liking.

1. Performance exhaust ....see other post

2. Universal bar risers from eBay £10.00, drilled out holes slightly to fit correctly

3. New pannier rails direct from bmw £98.00 as I was unable to find able second hand at a reasonable price

4. Booster plug, as the bike had y piece installed by a previous owner and of course I now have an aftermarket exhaust can installed it makes sense to fit one 😎

Slowly getting there.... on the look out for some nice panniers, but sadly they are hard to find in good condition, all that’s available so far is overpriced scratched damage ones for only a bit less than new money 😱😱
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

milleplod
Forum User
Country of Residence: England

Re: MORE UPGRADES TO MY R1150r

Postby milleplod » Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:24 pm

The spending will never end! :grin: Is it the System panniers you need? There's a guy over on UKGSer got a pair from an 1150GS he's breaking - are they the same?

Pete
Nocto Diuque Venamur

BASHER DAVIS
Forum User

Postby BASHER DAVIS » Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:18 am

Yes I think they would fit.... do you have a link to the post on that forum ?? I can’t find it ??

milleplod
Forum User
Country of Residence: England

Postby milleplod » Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:35 am

You have to be a paid-up member to see the ads - if you send me an eMail address or mobile number, I'll pass them on to the sellers....there's actually 2 sets for sale on there.

https://www.ukgser.com/forums/

Pete
Nocto Diuque Venamur

george baker
Club Member 14
Country of Residence: uk

Postby george baker » Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:14 am

Hi Basher
how about Motorworks, Bins or Sherlocks?

I always think it odd that you have to be a member to buy on the GSers site. Maybe paid up members for the first week and then anyone, cos after all you want to help members sell it.

BTW I perfectly understand the logic of not being able to use the site to Sell stuff unless you pay to join-- I disagree with the logic but Understand it

George
Member 21, R100R, and an unused K75

BASHER DAVIS
Forum User

Postby BASHER DAVIS » Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:28 am

You have to be a paid-up member to see the ads - if you send me an eMail address or mobile number, I'll pass them on to the sellers....there's actually 2 sets for sale on there.

https://www.ukgser.com/forums/

Pete
I will send you a PM 😊😎👍

BASHER DAVIS
Forum User

Postby BASHER DAVIS » Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:30 am

Hi Basher
how about Motorworks, Bins or Sherlocks?

I always think it odd that you have to be a member to buy on the GSers site. Maybe paid up members for the first week and then anyone, cos after all you want to help members sell it.

BTW I perfectly understand the logic of not being able to use the site to Sell stuff unless you pay to join-- I disagree with the logic but Understand it

Yeah totally agree with you !! I tried all 3 you mentioned and no luck at the time .... I think one of them had a set but they were pretty beat up 😩

George

Return to “Oilhead (R1100/1150/Cruiser) Q&A's”