Rockster Budget screen ideas?

Post your Oilhead technical queries here

Moderator: Moderators

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
tigcraft
Forum User
Country of Residence: Holmfirth England
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Rockster Budget screen ideas?

Postby tigcraft » Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:39 pm

Other than paying through the nose as these bikes are far and few between what has anyone fitted to a rockster and or adapted?

tigcraft
Forum User

Re: Rockster Budget screen ideas?

Postby tigcraft » Thu Jul 26, 2018 3:45 pm

You lot all dead on here?

windmill john
Forum User
Country of Residence: England
Location: Somewhere in Southern England. bip bip bip, loose lips sinks ships

Postby windmill john » Thu Jul 26, 2018 6:53 pm

One of the things I like about this forum is that if no one has the answer, they don’t go aff on a tangent about totally unrelated drivel, well, most times, as does happen on other forums, names held!
I think the answer to your question is either no knows the answer, or the person who knows, hasn’t seen your thread.

John
http://www.kittos.co.uk
Best roads: 623 Burgos to Santander. A back road to Metz; can't remember which!
Schorsch - 1978-80 R65 - Has gone. No, not talking about it.
Max - 2009 F800GS- where’s the desert at!?
Too many bikes have come and gone, trying to be sensible now!

P-K
Site Admin/Club Member
Country of Residence: England

Postby P-K » Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:39 am

Naughty Naughty - don't have a go because your thread is quiet.
The Rockster isn't a prolific model, many won't have owned one.

I have, and here is my solution.
Standard R1150 screen fits, if you use the mounts upside down.
Like this :-
P4240003R.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Phil,
'17 R9T Urban G/S : '12 R1200R
Site Administrator, Assistant Webmaster and Official Club Tweeter @BMRidersClub

sykospain
Forum User
Country of Residence: Spain

Postby sykospain » Sat Jul 28, 2018 7:53 am

I fitted this Givi screen with the two handlebar-mounted support rods. Kushtie.

A601 - Universal screen with 2 point handlebar, bronzè 36,9 x 42,5 cm (H x W)

https://www.givi.co.uk/screens-spoilers ... reens/A601

The roadster handlebar fitted to my Rockster improves the wrist-angle to relieve the ache caused by the too-straight Rockster bar, but the support-rod brackets are a tight squeeze when they sit alongside the hand-protector fittings.

But the Givi screen's nylon screen-edge-protector snugs nicely around the top of the little top fairing that sits on top of the headlamp assy. I set mine slightly inboard of the fairing edge so the wind shoots over the top of my helmet. I'm 5'9".

https://s26.postimg.cc/5bm3phivd/2017_R ... R_bars.jpg

AL in s.e. Spain
This is the list of people I'd trust with my bike.

tigcraft
Forum User

Postby tigcraft » Sat Jul 28, 2018 10:21 am

Naughty Naughty - don't have a go because your thread is quiet.
The Rockster isn't a prolific model, many won't have owned one.

I have, and here is my solution.
Standard R1150 screen fits, if you use the mounts upside down.
Like this :-
P4240003R.jpg
Perfect PK. I knew there are things people have done that works. Your idea is worth a thought and I’ll cost it up. Thank you

tigcraft
Forum User

Postby tigcraft » Sat Jul 28, 2018 10:25 am

I fitted this Givi screen with the two handlebar-mounted support rods. Kushtie.

A601 - Universal screen with 2 point handlebar, bronzè 36,9 x 42,5 cm (H x W)

https://www.givi.co.uk/screens-spoilers ... reens/A601

The roadster handlebar fitted to my Rockster improves the wrist-angle to relieve the ache caused by the too-straight Rockster bar, but the support-rod brackets are a tight squeeze when they sit alongside the hand-protector fittings.

But the Givi screen's nylon screen-edge-protector snugs nicely around the top of the little top fairing that sits on top of the headlamp assy. I set mine slightly inboard of the fairing edge so the wind shoots over the top of my helmet. I'm 5'9".

https://s26.postimg.cc/5bm3phivd/2017_R ... R_bars.jpg

AL in s.e. Spain
As well as P-K I also welcome what you’ve done. As I’m gifted at 5’6” I could contour the lower part of the screen to the ‘triangle’ of the clock pod and it still should leave enough protection. Mines on higher roadster bars too.

Return to “Oilhead (R1100/1150/Cruiser) Q&A's”