Rukka trousers ...

Any motorcycle related topics that you want to discuss - no politics, religion, insults or offensive material

Moderator: Moderators

kfrogzx7
Forum User

Rukka trousers ...

Postby kfrogzx7 » Sat Jan 18, 2020 4:44 pm

I've had some Arma T trousers for a couple of years now and I'm finding them a bit uncomfortable, anybody else find this with other Rukka trousers ?
The problem I have is with the bulky D30 hip armour, it just doesn't allow me to flex my legs easily and get comfortable when seated. I'm sure it provides really valuable protection but without sort of hitching it up once on the bike it's very restrictive, the suit is so much more comfortable with it removed :(
Are any other Rukka trousers better I wonder because I'm even thinking of changing, despite the enormous investment I've made !!!
Simon
R1200st, R1100s, K100rs, R1150rs

CharlieVictor
Forum User
Country of Residence: France

Re: Rukka trousers ...

Postby CharlieVictor » Sat Jan 18, 2020 10:07 pm

I suppose like many garments it 's a personal thing... Even if someone would tell you this or that model suits them fine, it doesn't mean that with a different morphology, riding position or size the same would apply.
1978 BMW R100S "Naked"
1974 Kawasaki W3 650 Replica

King Herald
Forum User
Country of Residence: United kingdom

Postby King Herald » Sun Jan 19, 2020 1:07 am

I can’t wear the body armour, it’s uncomfortable, bulky, looks ridiculous and if I desperately wanted to be that safe I’d take the car, not a bike.

I’ve got a couple of pairs of Kevlar lined biker jeans that came with big rubber inserts in several places, I couldn’t wear them, pulled all that stuff out, and then it all fitted properly.
1997 BMW R1100R
1993 Honda Transalp 600

CharlieVictor
Forum User

Postby CharlieVictor » Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:41 am

I can’t wear the body armour, it’s uncomfortable, bulky, looks ridiculous and if I desperately wanted to be that safe I’d take the car, not a bike.

I’ve got a couple of pairs of Kevlar lined biker jeans that came with big rubber inserts in several places, I couldn’t wear them, pulled all that stuff out, and then it all fitted properly.
About the same here.... That stuff didn't even exist when we used to ride in the late 70s and early 80s, so I never really paid much attention. I tried a few pairs of jeans but they looked like they were designed for kids, or just didn't fit.
By chance in 2016, waiting for a friend picking up his repaired bike, I tried a Helston Corden to kill time in the store and oh, surprise, it did fit pretty much like my regular 501s

I have three pairs of those now, including two dark I can wear to go see clients (Jeans are accepted when you arrive on a vintage motorcycle!). But I have removed the knee pads on all of them... Too awkward, and standing up the pads actually slide below knee level. Ugly.
1978 BMW R100S "Naked"

DEEP DIVER
Forum User
Country of Residence: ENGLAND

Postby DEEP DIVER » Wed Jan 22, 2020 12:56 pm

I've some trousers and I had to take out the knee and hip pads as they kept digging in. Found this online.
https://www.bladerunner.tv/anti-slash-b ... johns.html
I tried to be normal once, worst two minutes of my life.
Blue belt in Serious tea drinking.

Barry the old goat!!!!
1985 R80ST being rebuilt #-o
1985 R80RT Touring dream sold
2 Harley sportsters being rebuilt #-o
And a VW trike so I don't fall off :shock:

DEEP DIVER
Forum User

Postby DEEP DIVER » Wed Jan 22, 2020 1:00 pm

Barry the old goat!!!!

george baker
Club Member 14
Country of Residence: uk

Postby george baker » Wed Jan 22, 2020 1:59 pm

Hi Barry
how long can you wear Anti-slash Long Johns? 90 minutes would be the max for me, in fact sometimes (cold, coffee, last nights beer, etc) I need to go every hour. Or maybe you can do it inside the long johns and wash them every night

George
Member 21, R100R, and an under used K75

Rob Frankhamr
Club Member 14
Country of Residence: Scotland

Postby Rob Frankhamr » Thu Jan 23, 2020 10:40 am

In the summer, I sometimes wear wicking long johns... got them from Lidl years ago. They are very effective (and a small fraction of the cost of the ones above)... I do, however, as a gentleman of a certain age (OK, scratch the 'gentle') find it a real trial to have to struggle with them, especially 'behind a bush' and even more especially when I'm in a hurry. One reason I don't bother with them unless the temperature is really up there. Would it be too much to ask for jeans with an aperture in the relevant place?

Rob
Robin Frankham
ImageImageImage

Frankhams retirement home for elderly Boxers.

DEEP DIVER
Forum User

Postby DEEP DIVER » Thu Jan 23, 2020 3:04 pm

Hi Barry
how long can you wear Anti-slash Long Johns? 90 minutes would be the max for me, in fact sometimes (cold, coffee, last nights beer, etc) I need to go every hour. Or maybe you can do it inside the long johns and wash them every night

George
#-o :shock:

Fit a long hose

Barry the old goat!!!!

Rob Frankhamr
Club Member 14
Country of Residence: Scotland

Postby Rob Frankhamr » Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:05 pm

Hi Barry

George

Fit a long hose

The idea has occured to me but I can't think of any way to make a watertight seal that doesn't bring tears to my eyes just thinking about it... 8-[ :-k

Rob
Robin Frankham
ImageImageImage

Frankhams retirement home for elderly Boxers.

CharlieVictor
Forum User

Postby CharlieVictor » Fri Jan 24, 2020 8:18 am

These technical discussions are always fascinating.... :---)
1978 BMW R100S "Naked"

DEEP DIVER
Forum User

Postby DEEP DIVER » Fri Jan 24, 2020 12:02 pm

Hi Barry

George

Fit a long hose

The idea has occured to me but I can't think of any way to make a watertight seal that doesn't bring tears to my eyes just thinking about it... 8-[ :-k

Rob
If we have any British submariners on here they will tell you about the cold water escape suit. It has a hose with a one way valve in it and it runs down your leg and to the outside. The inside fitting goes over the part of the mans body and allows you to go in the water. As in GO!!!!!

Some divers dry suits have a waterproof zip fitted low at the front for this function before you get in the water.

Barry the old goat!!!!

Return to “General Motorcycle Chat”