BMW System 6 helmet repairs

Any motorcycle related topics that you want to discuss - no politics, religion, insults or offensive material

Moderator: Moderators

mw3230
Forum User
Country of Residence: UK

BMW System 6 helmet repairs

Postby mw3230 » Fri Sep 11, 2015 7:31 am

I have a System 6 helmet - about 4 years old. Its a bit scratched in places but hasn't been bumped or involved in an accident (although it has fallen from the seat of my bike a couple of times.

Now the visor mechanism has broken - one side has become detached from the helmet. This is the back plastic device that the clear visor actually fits to. I managed to click it back in place but it clearly isn't firmly fixed and if I raise the visor it becomes detached at one side again. Obviously not safely useable

Does anyone know of anywhere to get such items fixed. I will try my local BMW dealer from the where the helmet was purchased, and whilst I think it is reasonable to expect the £450 helmet to last more than 4 years, I'm not confident they (or BMW) will agree.

I was hoping to make it last a little while longer!
Formerly 2013 K1600GTSE, now 2017 GSA

John A

Re: BMW System 6 helmet repairs

Postby John A » Fri Sep 11, 2015 7:49 am

I'm sure the "BM" helmets are made by Schuberth, so you might get more help from them. But I know Arai quote a 5 years "life" for their helmets, so you may get little help from any manufacturer on a 4 years old helmet unfortunately.

mw3230
Forum User
Country of Residence: UK

Re: BMW System 6 helmet repairs

Postby mw3230 » Fri Sep 11, 2015 4:55 pm

I'm sure the "BM" helmets are made by Schuberth, so you might get more help from them. But I know Arai quote a 5 years "life" for their helmets, so you may get little help from any manufacturer on a 4 years old helmet unfortunately.
Thanks for that - I was hoping for another year but fear you may be correct
Formerly 2013 K1600GTSE, now 2017 GSA

Return to “General Motorcycle Chat”