I have to ask

Your totally irrelevant posts go here - keep it clean with no flaming and absolutely no politics (Club or otherwise). Posts contravening this WILL be removed without warning.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
This forum may be used for your posts that don't fit elsewhere but please keep it clean, calm and respectful. As elsewhere, politics of any sort (including Club politics) are not permitted.
If you want to meet with others for your personal ride then please use the 'Anyone want to meet me?' forum.
If you want to invite the BM Riders Club to other club events please do it through official channels by contacting the Club Secretary.
Any posts contravening these guidelines may be removed without warning.
Mjolinor
Forum User
Country of Residence: United Kingdom

Re: I have to ask

Postby Mjolinor » Sun Feb 14, 2021 10:35 am

It will be Boris tracking you. We have to know what you Scots are up to in case you decide to invade the wall as you did in days gone by.

As a Johnson, Boris is almost certainly more 'scottish' than me... unlike Sturgeon. Theres an Irony there...

Rob
Hmm, never thought of that. I always assumed he was from a large paint making family with his ability to whitewash over stuff.

Rob Frankhamr
Club Member 14
Country of Residence: Scotland

Postby Rob Frankhamr » Sun Feb 14, 2021 11:05 am

Tut... [-( :roll: That's Johnstones paint... a different name entirely and originating from a scottish border reiver family... :grin:

Rob
Robin Frankham
ImageImageImage

Frankhams retirement home for elderly Boxers.

King Herald
Forum User
Country of Residence: United kingdom

Postby King Herald » Sun Feb 14, 2021 12:45 pm

It seems to me that if you give them then they give you tea and a biscuit. Clearly you should have supplied tea and biscuits to them.

Did you respond to the letter or wait for your own doctor to contact you?

The waits at Blackburn are reported to be in the four hour range. Probably hoping that some of the prospective recipients will have frozen to death before they get to the front.
That’s the annoying thing about GPs around my way, a year into this fiasco now and the only thing that have done towards coping is lock patients out.

If you do manage to get by through the grilling of a phone call to the receptionist, and then are found worthy of a call back from a GP, and if perchance you can get a personal face to face with a doctor, you have to queue up outside the GP surgery, in the cold and rain, only one person allowed in at a time. There is no cover from the elements, no marquee in place, nowhere for the elderly or infirm to take a seat or rest... and the car park has been closed down so only two cars can get in at a time.

My 86 year old infirm dad had to go down for a blood test... and had to stand outside for 20 minutes. Balanced on two walking sticks the whole time.

Most all shops and businesses in town have invested and adapted to try and retain a vestige of normality, but the GPs, no, they just locked the doors.
1997 BMW R1100R
1993 Honda Transalp 600

DEEP DIVER
Forum User
Country of Residence: ENGLAND

Postby DEEP DIVER » Sun Feb 14, 2021 12:59 pm

My doctors allow you in as they have around 40 seats, but my dentist you stand outside on the pavement in the cold weather with everyone walking past.
I tried to be normal once, worst two minutes of my life.
Blue belt in Serious tea drinking.

Barry the old goat!!!!
1985 R80ST being rebuilt #-o
1985 R80RT Touring dream sold
2 Harley sportsters being rebuilt #-o
And a VW trike so I don't fall off :shock:

andys
Forum User
Country of Residence: UK

Postby andys » Mon Feb 15, 2021 3:58 pm

My doctors allow you in as they have around 40 seats, but my dentist you stand outside on the pavement in the cold weather with everyone walking past.
I popped into Peterborough services today to get a takeaway Mcdonalds.
Got a real surprise.
They've got an eating area where people were happily eating their food at the tables.
🤔

krankshaft
Forum User
Country of Residence: switzerland

Postby krankshaft » Mon Feb 15, 2021 11:21 pm

Some people are just sooooo irresponsible.......

Eating that stuff will kill ya!
Ride safe
Jim

King Herald
Forum User
Country of Residence: United kingdom

Postby King Herald » Tue Feb 16, 2021 11:30 am

They've got an eating area where people were happily eating their food at the tables.
🤔

I'm pretty sure I saw people sitting down in our local MacDo when I drove past a couple of day ago. I seriously can't imagine a corporate giant like MacDonalds would just flaunt the law, so have the rules changed recently?
1997 BMW R1100R
1993 Honda Transalp 600

andys
Forum User

Postby andys » Tue Feb 16, 2021 1:55 pm

🤔

I'm pretty sure I saw people sitting down in our local MacDo when I drove past a couple of day ago. I seriously can't imagine a corporate giant like MacDonalds would just flaunt the law, so have the rules changed recently?
Probably not.
My point is that it's the clearest case I've seen recently of a two tier system where some of the bigger players are exempted from the rules that smaller businesses are forced to abide by.

george baker
Club Member 14
Country of Residence: uk

Postby george baker » Tue Feb 16, 2021 4:27 pm

Hi
I suspect the tables where people were happily eating was not under the control of McD but a general area inside the services, I also suspect that no one wanted to be the person who asked the diners to stop

George
Member 21, R100R, and an under used K75

Mike D
Forum User

Postby Mike D » Tue Feb 16, 2021 5:32 pm

Motorway services are allowed indoor dining:
We are seeing a lot of complaints about motorway service areas allowing indoor dining. Regardless of personal opinions on the subject, the law specifically says it is allowed. Away from the motorways food must be takeaway only, and brands such as McDonald's are not allowing walk-in customers on A-roads.
Lifted from: https://motorwayservicesonline.co.uk/Coronavirus

Mike

george baker
Club Member 14
Country of Residence: uk

Postby george baker » Tue Feb 16, 2021 5:35 pm

Hi
must make sense to someone ;-(
George
Member 21, R100R, and an under used K75

andys
Forum User

Postby andys » Tue Feb 16, 2021 8:49 pm

Motorway services are allowed indoor dining:
We are seeing a lot of complaints about motorway service areas allowing indoor dining. Regardless of personal opinions on the subject, the law specifically says it is allowed. Away from the motorways food must be takeaway only, and brands such as McDonald's are not allowing walk-in customers on A-roads.
Lifted from: https://motorwayservicesonline.co.uk/Coronavirus

Mike
Peterborough services is not on the motorway so obviously the exemption applies to all major services but how is it right.
Do they have some magic filter that stops the spread.
It goes further to illustrate the two tier system that's evolved out of this. I mean think about it.
Everyone who arrives at a services apart from motorcyclists has a car van or lorry.
These are a safe comfortable isolated environment in which to eat.
So someone explain the logic being applied allowing these places to open their dining areas.

Return to “General Off Topic Chat”