Now dont get upset but !

Chat about anything to do with sidecars and outfits. NOT BMW specific - all welcome

Moderator: Moderators

Bruvski
Forum User
Country of Residence: United Kingdom

Re: Now dont get upset but !

Postby Bruvski » Sun Nov 29, 2020 3:03 pm

Have a look on Instagram at gustomotorbikes. He is in Portugal and he makes them. And he speaks English.

Bruvski
Forum User

Postby Bruvski » Sun Nov 29, 2020 3:04 pm

Or maybe he just supplies them?

Draperg
Forum User
Country of Residence: Wales

Postby Draperg » Fri Jan 08, 2021 12:26 pm

I ride a solo in the summer, but the roads round here are so bad, mud, water, cow muck that during the winter its downright dangerous to ride a solo. Out comes the other bike Ural M66 with BMW R65 engine and sidecar and I dont fall off, can take my time, enjoy some green lanes and still ride a bike. Huge grin factor and always get people wanting to chat and asking where the machine gun is! And my son comes with me so we take turns to ride the bike and the sidecar. :)

george baker
Club Member 14
Country of Residence: uk

Postby george baker » Fri Jan 08, 2021 12:45 pm

hi welcome Draperg

I hate being in the box, but an outfit is FUN.

I wish I had another one, I'd swap the K in a moment, and possibly the R after a few minutes thought, assuming that the combo was fit to go, I'd even have another 350 Jawa, cos the last one was so much Slow fun, well worth the 37 quid it cost me!
G
Member 21, R100R, and an under used K75

cheekybeamer
Forum User
Country of Residence: England

Postby cheekybeamer » Fri Jan 08, 2021 3:49 pm

This is a very interesting subject that's popped up.
I've always wanted to have a sidecar unit, and just recently the interest as strengthened, I'd love to do one, I have a R80RT stripped back to naked, I'd love to put one on that, but to be honest, unfortunately I wouldn't know were to start.
I'm an engineer, so I'm quite capable of making, fabricating and welding parts, although I would like to just buy one, and just do a small amount of work on it if possible.
Is there anyone on here that can give me some tips ? plus, if anyone on here as an outfit of any sort, I'd love to see some pictures.
1998 FireBlade RRW---2001 FireStorm---2003 Colin Edwards SP2---BMW R80 Café Racer
Do what you like
Like what you do

george baker
Club Member 14

Postby george baker » Fri Jan 08, 2021 4:24 pm

Hi
someone I know, much better at this sort of thing than I will ever be, started with an R80R and a ural type sidecar

You are starting from a good place with an R80RT, lower geared than the 100, Im told easy to upgrade to 100 but not needed, twin disc?

You could buy a cheap Russian project outfit Ural, Nevel, Cossack and just move the chair over, http://simplysidecars.co.uk/fittingguide.html have the clamps. Then sell the bike on.

George

Mjolinor
Forum User

Postby Mjolinor » Fri Jan 08, 2021 4:46 pm

I think Dacsceilings is the guy to ask. He runs one and I think he has a spare chassis.

george baker
Club Member 14

Postby george baker » Fri Jan 08, 2021 5:05 pm

Hi
http://www.f2motorcycles.ltd.uk/specials.html Weld On frame fittings for Ural/Dnepr Sidecars Part - SO2712 £36.00

Set of four factory weldon fittings. two to take the ball clamps from a standard Ural or Dnepr sidecar and two to take eyebolts from Ural. They can be cut or altered to your needs and welded to clamps or direct to your frame. You need to tell them the sidecar will be fitted to the left of the bike.

Get the sidecar, put the bike lamps into the chair fittings and they will automatically be lined up to attach to the bike frame.

Mjolinor and Dacsceilings what is the spare chassis?

George

Mjolinor
Forum User

Postby Mjolinor » Fri Jan 08, 2021 5:20 pm

I dunno and Dacceilings is a tad busy at the moment, you would be better served sending him a PM I think.

Return to “Sidecar Chat”