Hi from Christchurch, New Zealand

We're a friendly bunch here so why not introduce yourself to the community

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Don't forget that you MUST log-in at least once every six months to keep your account active. Failure to do so will result in your account being deleted on the assumption that it's unused.

PLEASE only use this forum to introduce yourselves - technical queries here are likely to go unanswered.
Nzmal
Forum User
Country of Residence: New Zealand

Hi from Christchurch, New Zealand

Postby Nzmal » Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:05 am

Hi everyone,
I’ve joined up after reading every historic message about R1100R bikes that I could find.
I just bought myself one so I can get back into riding with my brother now that I’ve moved back to my hometown.
I’ve had other bmw bikes in the past including an R100GS, K100 and most recently a 1974 R90S.
Sold the 90 around 8 years ago and still regret it...
So the R1100R is a bike that I’ve been looking at since they came out wondering if they were something I could live with...I’m finding out now. It literally only arrived on the bike transporter 3 days ago and I’ve only ridden it about 70km since then so lots of trialling ahead.

One thing that I would like is a deeper exhaust growl (I’ve had a Ducati and appreciate the smile a nice note makes) so I’ll look at what options are without buying a new system.

Bike is a 1994 model. It was listed on an auction site selling for NZ$2100 and I got it for $2600 so not a big investment and low risk buying it. I’ve put a set of Michelin’s on it and have a bit of fiddling to do with the tail lamp to get it road worthy (legal), but it’s tidy enough. 80,000km no service history but seems tight so here we go....

P-K
Site Admin/Club Member
Country of Residence: England

Re: Hi from Christchurch, New Zealand

Postby P-K » Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:39 am

Hi there,

Welcome to the Forum. :smile:
Phil,
''93 R100GSPD : '17 R9T Urban G/S : '12 R1200R
Site Administrator, Assistant Webmaster and Official Club Tweeter @BMRidersClub

Return to “Introduce Yourself”