F800s vs F800ST

The new BM Riders Club Forum - OPEN TO ALL

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
This forum is for the benefit of BM Riders Club Members but is open for all to share so that you can see the advantages of becoming a Club Member which would then permit you to attend Club events.
aFiercePancake

F800s vs F800ST

Postby aFiercePancake » Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:56 pm

Hello all-

I think an F800 might be the solution to my next-bike problem.

I prefer minimal fairings, so the F800S is attractive to me. That said, the F800ST is not far off, either.

Does the ST lower fairing offer significantly more protection? Are there other significant differences between the S and ST?

Thanks!

Daniel

george baker
Club Member 14
Country of Residence: uk

Re: F800s vs F800ST

Postby george baker » Sun Mar 23, 2014 8:06 pm

Hi
I dont know but would be interested in finding out myself

George
Member 21, R100R, and an unused K75

Andy Raggett
Site Admin/Club Member
Country of Residence: England

Postby Andy Raggett » Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:10 pm

From memory of the last time I sat on and rode an F800, the ST had higher handlebars as well. Not much but makes it a bit more comfortable.

Bill Smithson
Forum User
Country of Residence: England

Postby Bill Smithson » Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:30 am

Hello all-
I think an F800 might be the solution to my next-bike problem.
I prefer minimal fairings, so the F800S is attractive to me. That said, the F800ST is not far off, either.

Does the ST lower fairing offer significantly more protection? Are there other significant differences between the S and ST?

Thanks!
Daniel
Hi Daniel,
Yes the ST fairing lowers do give more protection from road muck and weather to a certain extent. The ST screen is higher, but the difference that persuades most buyers is the taller bars giving a more upright riding position. The other slight differences were/are black wheels and the faux tank centre panel. I bought an S model new and had a few conversions done before delivery.
Try both models if you can, the later the model - the better.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Flook

Postby Flook » Mon May 12, 2014 12:11 pm

Try the F800 riders site, plenty of info there.

S or ST, depends on what you are looking for in a bike. The S is sportier than the ST, hence the riding position is more low down than the ST. Both have a very long range in miles to the tank. Mine is on average 200miles between fill ups with miles to spare.

I forget when they stopped making the S, but the ST was stopped early last year, both have been superseded by the F800GT, the tank is about .5 of a liter less than the S & ST which hold about 16 litres.

You should be able to pick up a decent one from a Dealer, I appreciate Dealers add more dosh but, they give warranties etc and you may be able to do deals with a trade in, where private sales are cheaper but, no trade in allowance is given or back up should something go wrong.

Whichever way you decide to go, look up the F800 site where you will find advice in abundance.

All the best
Flook :cool:

ianl
Forum User
Country of Residence: UK

Postby ianl » Mon May 12, 2014 4:59 pm

I thought an F800 would be the solution to my bike problem as well. Make sure you have a good test ride because if you have ridden other BM's they are very different (IMHO)

Ian
Ian

2007 R1200GS
The cause of most motorcycle faults is the nut that connects the handlebars to the seat

Flook

Postby Flook » Mon May 12, 2014 6:24 pm

I agree, but, the F800 series are light and very nippy, filtering is easier if that is your thing, a decent turn of speed and more economical per tank than most other bikes including BM's.

I agree the F800S/ST is not for everyone, there is of course the GS version if height is your thing. If anyone is like me a short person! then the lower type ST should fit the bill. Mine is the lower version, with the low scooped seat with an airhawk cushion for that comfy ride. Well you have to look after your posterior, otherwise a numb bum syndrome will happen :sad: .

Flooks :cool:

Return to “BM Riders Club”