Traffic Fines in Europe

The new BM Riders Club Forum - OPEN TO ALL

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
This forum is for the benefit of BM Riders Club Members but is open for all to share so that you can see the advantages of becoming a Club Member which would then permit you to attend Club events.
mw3230
Forum User
Country of Residence: UK

Traffic Fines in Europe

Postby mw3230 » Sun May 18, 2014 8:04 am

Occasionally even the most conscientious of riders may edge over the speed limit or jump a red traffic light and if this was done in Europe and caught on camera then you are more or less sure to get away with it unless caught and stopped at the time of the offence. Phew!

An article in the Sunday Times of today reports that this will change from May next year when European Police Forces will have the right to obtain from the DVLA keeper details of vehicles observed infringing traffic regulations. This will allow drivers and rider to be chased for payment of fines etc. Boo!

Enjoy this summer's tour, next year's may be a touch less fun!
Formerly 2013 K1600GTSE, now 2017 GSA

Lolo
Country of Residence: Portugal

Re: Traffic Fines in Europe

Postby Lolo » Sun May 18, 2014 2:50 pm

They have been able to do that for a while. A friend of mine got a fine through the post last year from France and another got one from Norway. I think its weather the village/town/province can be bothered to go through the bureaucracy. I should imagine it will only be worth it for France, Spain, Italy as they are the countries getting bombarded in Aug with English sports bikes.

Sticking to the speed limits is the answer :-)
Living the dream :sunny:

Return to “BM Riders Club”