New boxer owner

The new BM Riders Club Forum - OPEN TO ALL

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
This forum is for the benefit of BM Riders Club Members but is open for all to share so that you can see the advantages of becoming a Club Member which would then permit you to attend Club events.
Sonny

New boxer owner

Postby Sonny » Wed Jun 29, 2016 11:36 am

Hi, I have been riding bikes for a long time now but recently bought a r1200rt its a 2007 ex London met police , low miles and nice condition . I have previously owned a variety of Brit , jap and Italian bikes but this is my first BMW .I love the ride quality of this bike and despite its size it is surprisingly nimble in the twistys, great!
Living in France I have just tried to register it here and despite having all the necessary paperwork including a European certificate of conformity I have been refused because the numbers and letters on the v5 and C o C for variant and version although they are the same they do not match the official french variant and version . I just wanted to know if anyone out there has the same bike and can tell me what they have on there v5 in the variant and version section.
Thanks for any help with this
Steve

george baker
Club Member 14
Country of Residence: uk

Re: New boxer owner

Postby george baker » Wed Jun 29, 2016 12:31 pm

Hi Steve,
welcome, where in France are you, it's a BIG Country after all

Could the problem be that it is an "Official" variant?

George
Member 21, R100R, and an unused K75

Galactic Greyhound
Moderator/Club Member
Country of Residence: Scotland

Postby Galactic Greyhound » Wed Jun 29, 2016 1:29 pm

Hi Steve,

I think that the CoC will be compliant for the UK but not for France because the headlight is not suitable for France as they drive on the opposite side to the UK.

You would have to show (with documentation) that the bike has been modified to be French compliant.
Ced.

R1100RT 1996.
Sent by Boson Quantum Transmission from the Starship 'Galahad'.
http://www.researchgate.net/publication ... ing_bosons" - It works!

Ruralman
Club Member 14
Country of Residence: Scotland

Postby Ruralman » Wed Jun 29, 2016 5:22 pm

Hi Steve,
Welcome to the forum
Good luck with registering the bike.
Regards
Keith

Live to ride, ride to Live ! :bounce:
Keith Hillier
Club Chairman
chairman@bmridersclub.com
----------------------------------
2006 R1200GSA
'Live to ride - ride to live'
\:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/

neojynx

Postby neojynx » Mon Sep 05, 2016 9:05 pm

Hi, I have been riding bikes for a long time now but recently bought a r1200rt its a 2007 ex London met police , low miles and nice condition . I have previously owned a variety of Brit , jap and Italian bikes but this is my first BMW .I love the ride quality of this bike and despite its size it is surprisingly nimble in the twistys, great!
Living in France I have just tried to register it here and despite having all the necessary paperwork including a European certificate of conformity I have been refused because the numbers and letters on the v5 and C o C for variant and version although they are the same they do not match the official french variant and version . I just wanted to know if anyone out there has the same bike and can tell me what they have on there v5 in the variant and version section.
Thanks for any help with this
Steve

You may have to pass by the 'service des mines' where they can make changes to the bike specs based upon an MOT type check.

Once the services des Mines gives the all clear, they would issue a cerificate which you can use to obtain a carte grise

Garry

CharlieVictor
Forum User
Country of Residence: France

Postby CharlieVictor » Wed Oct 19, 2016 7:07 pm

There should be no issue registering any motor vehicle in any Euro country if it has been already registered/homologated in another. Many Brits around here do drive their RHD car with French reg... So I doubt a headlight would make a diff. Unfortunately even government employees are sometimes not aware of the procedure and to lazy to dig it up.

All you need is the CoC from the manufacturer (usually free) and you show up at your local "préfecture" with the original registration document and the CoC. You get a temporary registration if you want, and your final one will come thru the mail a couple weeks later give or take, depending on the préfecture.

The only hurdle (so far, as France has been forced to comply with European law) was the French 106 hp limitation, which used to require that you get your more than 106hp bike a governor. But that should be nul by now.

It's all in here en français of cours :
https://immatriculation.ants.gouv.fr/Vo ... l-etranger
1978 BMW R100S "Naked"
1999 W650 RS "Twin with a kick"

Return to “BM Riders Club”