What Have You Done To Your Bike Today ?

The new BM Riders Club Forum - OPEN TO ALL

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
This forum is for the benefit of BM Riders Club Members but is open for all to share so that you can see the advantages of becoming a Club Member which would then permit you to attend Club events.
jfcoleman
Country of Residence: UK

Re: What Have You Done To Your Bike Today ?

Postby jfcoleman » Thu Jul 26, 2018 1:36 pm

Ridden it … at last! (See previous post of 14 June above) Ribs beginning to heal and, while my shoulder injury is still causing me some discomfort that was far outweighed by the delights of donning the helmet once again. Mind you, I had to calm myself down after the first few miles when I realised my enthusiasm, combined with a degree of rustiness, probably wasn't a good combination for too long!
Regards,
Jim Coleman
(2008 R1200GS)

mobydick
Forum User
Country of Residence: uk

Postby mobydick » Wed Aug 22, 2018 7:05 pm

Going to replace the fork seals tomorrow on my F650ST. Thought I would save time by draining the forks tonight. Why o why do BMW make the bottom damper socket cap screws out of cheese? Will have to take the leg off tomorrow and hammer a TORX bit into it in the hope it will unscrew. I also notice the set of keys supplied in the tool kit are not made of sharp edged hex. bar. All edges rounded. Poor quality. John

Rasputin
Forum User
Country of Residence: United Kingdom

Postby Rasputin » Wed Aug 22, 2018 7:36 pm

New pads(sintered LA brembo's), New coil, iridium plugs...purring like a happy kitty.
Bmw R1100RT
Harley FXDWGI
Kwak GPZ900RR
Kwak GPZ1100E
Kwak LTD
Lexus IS220D

King Herald
Forum User
Country of Residence: United kingdom

Postby King Herald » Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:37 pm

I’ve been sculpting my seat on the 1100r. It had a steep back edge, which forced me forwards onto the tank, so after trying an Air Hawk seat cushion, which did nothing, I pulled the seat cover off and took a hacksaw to the foam, lopped the big ridge off the back.

Better, but not right. I scrounged up some underlay foam, fairly stiff, 1cm thick, and put a layer over the seat. And also slipped a section of hard sleeping mat rubber right underneath the seat foam itself. Now the seat feels flatter, less claustrophobic, and I can actually move forward or backwards a bit instead of being locked in one position.

I still feel like I’m being rocked forward a bit, but definitely better than it was. A couple hundred mile trip will be the true test though.

In the last four months I have lost 3 stone in weight, so maybe I have bones poking through my back end......
R1100R
Suzuki Bandit 1200

Return to “BM Riders Club”