Scotland 8-10 September 2017

Official BM Riders Club Events may be discussed here and full listings are on the Club website. Read & Reply ONLY

Moderators: Club Member/Moderator, Events Co-ordinators

Forum rules
This Forum is purely to display information on current and potential official Club Events - discussion of upcoming and past events is encouraged but as this area is for official events, new Topics may only be posted by Club Officials or Event Co-ordinators.

For an event to be official and thus covered by the Club insurance, it must have been sanctioned by one of the Club officials who will have the power to post whatever is appropriate - you may then discuss the event if you wish. Only events listed on the website or e-Zine Calendars are official.

You must be a fully paid up Club Member in order to attend Club events although if you wish to attend one event with a view seeing if you wish to become a Member then one of the Club Officers may sanction that if you ask although you will be required to complete a 'Temporary Membership' form.

If you'd like to suggest a new event then your suggestions, offers etc can be made in the 'Event Suggestions' Forum. To propose an event you need to talk to one of the Event Co-ordinators or an Officer and ask them to make an initial post and/or sanction and list it.

The official Club Event Calendar can be seen here: http://www.bmridersclub.com/calendar.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
gogs01
Club Member 13
Country of Residence: Scotland

Re: Scotland 8-10 September 2017

Postby gogs01 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:53 am

Hi All,
We have already paid for 2 rooms have we not, it'll be a travesty if we can't fill them, they were booked on the understanding that members were available to take them.
Regards
Keith

My plan was to make a day visit to Loch Ken to join the happy campers.
Are there any confirmed bookings for accommodation, or for camping pitches ?
Current BMW : 2017MY R1200RT LE in Platinum Bronze :smile:
Previous BMWs : R1200RT SE (2007 then 2010), R1200RT 90th Anniversary model (2013). :smile:

farmerboy
Forum User
Country of Residence: UK

Postby farmerboy » Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:37 am

I am at a wedding so will be unable to attend.

An annual meeting would get my vote...... and could be an effective way of assessing members views and promoting popular events.

"With regard to up coming elections, discussions about events, club development, etc. etc. The club should have some form of annual meeting, but that suggestion got blown out of the water in another thread.

Hints of too much regimentation, formality, and the like, would spoil things I believe was the stumbling block.

So, I wouldn't overly worry George, no one going to an event is a major success, you can't get more relaxed than nothing happening.
"
2006 R1200 RT
Grey

2000 Cagiva Navigator TL1000S
Red

2015 Kawasaki Versys 650 LT
Green (kept in Texas)

John

george baker
Moderator/Club Member
Country of Residence: uk