K100 /1100 Streetfighter update

Ask your questions re Choppers, Bobbers, Trikes etc here

Moderator: Moderators

beachcomber550
Forum User
Country of Residence: England

Re: K100 /1100 Streetfighter update

Postby beachcomber550 » Tue Nov 05, 2019 11:31 am

And for those that get all excited about front and rear wheel offest with these wheel combos .... it makes NO DIFFERENCE to the handling. Even BMW give offset values in the OEM manual
I recall many years ago, Bike magazine, some team that raced an airhead chopped the steering head off to align it properly with the back when, as it is an inch offset from the factory.
WHY ??????

Bike magazine - oh, say no more. :lol:

Carrying out the mod you describe moves the centreline of the mass of the engine / rider to one side - Yeah, that makes sense.

Yes it centralises the TRACK of the front rear wheels [ alignment is something totally different ], but again - WHY ? :-k

That's how it was DESIGNED by the factory and well proven in the extreme by Ben Kingham who achieved 3 x B.E.A.R.S. Championships and is a successful Endurance racer.

I've used such a set up for 10 years and supplied many conversions to people for road and track ...... ALL still alive and well.

Bored with this now. #-o
" If at first you don't succeed - you've already been a failure once"

beachcomber550
Forum User

Postby beachcomber550 » Fri Nov 08, 2019 7:08 pm

I retrieved the Pete Kyte side panels from my garage today and thankfully they have suffered no damage while they've been stored. =D>

He actually made and fitted them to my bike which I left with him together with my CAD patterns [ cardboard aided design ] hence the little touches like the spacer buttons .
pete kyte side panels 002.jpg
pete kyte side panels 003.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

george baker
Club Member 14
Country of Residence: uk

Postby george baker » Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:25 pm

Hi
Those panels look neat
G
Member 21, R100R, and an unused K75

beachcomber550
Forum User

Postby beachcomber550 » Sat Nov 09, 2019 11:47 am

They do indeed George. One of the last jobs Pete took before he "retired". I had to really plead with him to do them as he was already winding down. It was only the fact I'd had him do several jobs before [ including my Guzzi Cafe Racer tank ] that he agreed !! =D>

It was an absolute pleasure to go to his workshops and see all manner of exotic machinery [ mostly Japanese factory museum / parade work ] being worked on. Quite a few British classics .... and of course - my Kay ! He also had a Schiedegger [ ? ] oufit in for a complete fairing ! The man was a genius with alloy. :cool:

He was no snob - and all were treated to the same high level of craftsmanship. He also had a sliding "mates rates" scale. The factories who could afford it paid - and normal peeps like me got a fantastic deal.

I can't wait for Pete the Polish to do his magic on them [ and the tank ]. NOW I wished I'd got Pete Kyte to make the seat base in alloy too !

As I have GRP moulds [ for safety ] and some panels already made I can offer both up to see if the polished alloy works [ different ! ], or go with painted GRP ............ choices eh ?? :-k
img470.jpg
S ON AVON 001.jpg
seat side panels.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Choppers, Bobbers, Trikes & other strange types Q&A's”