Magnum dyno boost

Post your 'Hexhead' technical queries here

Moderator: Moderators

adrian967
Forum User
Country of Residence: uk

Magnum dyno boost

Postby adrian967 » Sun May 20, 2018 10:39 pm

Does anyone have any experience with the Magnum dyno boost.? This unit optimises the fuel mapping for the injectors and claim BHP boost

Thanks
Adrian R1200R

milleplod
Forum User
Country of Residence: England

Re: Magnum dyno boost

Postby milleplod » Mon May 21, 2018 8:02 am

I could be wrong, but it looks like another version of these -

https://www.boosterplug.com/shop/bmw-r1 ... -15c1.html
http://www.sol2.be/Performance/ENG/Order/page_BMW.html

,,,,which are the same thing, except the Belgian one is only £40, which is more like it considering what the thing actually is! I fitted one to my K1200R-Sport a few years ago to try to stop the very poor low-speed running, and, whilst it didn't fix it completely, it certainly improved it no end. It fools the bike into thinking ambient temperature is low (I think!) and richens the mixture across the range.

The best way to sort fuelling out is to have a proper remap done at Hilltop m/c, which is what I had done to my 1200ST - the best £300 I've ever spent, end of! There are lots and lots of reports available online about Hilltop, some negative/questioning what exactly Geoff does, but the vast majority are very positive. My bike felt like a different machine after the remap.

It might be worth spending £40 on the Belgian device - some people get zero results, some people say there was a definite improvement in their bike's running, particularly at lower speeds. Whatever you do though, don't expect the power-increase claims in the 'dyno boost' blurb to be anything like realistic! :lol:

Pete
'L'enfer, c'est les autres'.

adrian967
Forum User
Country of Residence: uk

Re: Magnum dyno boost

Postby adrian967 » Mon May 21, 2018 11:27 am

Thanks for that Pete...I have the dyno boost from USA, will try to fit it this week

Return to “Hexhead (R1200) Q&A's”