RAM-MOTO R1200ST turbo project

Post your 'Hexhead' technical queries here

Moderator: Moderators

beachcomber550
Forum User
Country of Residence: England

RAM-MOTO R1200ST turbo project

Postby beachcomber550 » Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:15 am

The RAM-MOTO "Scream" R1100S [ and others ] based modern Cafe Racer project is now ready for production, so time to move on to the next project - The R1200ST based "Stealth" Turbo project. :twisted:

The idea came about when someone suggested Turbo'ing the Scream range - but that would have meant revamping a lot of the body / accessories we had only just finished developing :roll: to accomodate Turbo [s], intercooler, etc.,etc.

We were also asked about mods etc for the Hexhead range [ shox, -10mm Telelever, adjustable paralever, Power plug leads, etc ] so it made sense to use a 1200ST as a development mule.

A low mileage model in basically good condition [ ABS fault ] was bought for .. very cheap, and work has now begun.I have some preliminary sketches for the new bodywork, and we also have some ideas on packaging for the Turbo [s], intercooler, etc. The idea for the bodywork is to produce something that is aesthetically pleasing, but at the same time "different" ! As the sketches were developing the "Stealth" theme also developed - we'll see.

The mule has now been stripped [ front and rear ends now also removed ] and we can get a good idea of what needs modding and where things can be moved to. Lots of surplus body panels etc BTW ................

Unlike the Scream, which required a new fuel reservoir, I'm pretty certain the OEM plastic tank will suit our new styling ideas. The single Turbo has arrived, and we're now awaiting the 2 x smaller units as an alternative set up.

AC now has a bike specific mechanic on board full time, plans are to have the Stealth up and running by the Summer. :-"

" If at first you don't succeed - you've already been a failure once"

milleplod
Forum User

Re: RAM-MOTO R1200ST turbo project

Postby milleplod » Wed Nov 25, 2015 9:50 pm

Will you be posting regular updates? I'll follow this with great interest if so, I always thought my ST would be a good basis for mods in the 'looks' department! Nice to see you've gone for plenty of louvres in the new ally fairing btw....! :grin:

Pete
Nocto Diuque Venamur

beachcomber550
Forum User

Postby beachcomber550 » Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:12 pm

Will you be posting regular updates? I'll follow this with great interest if so, I always thought my ST would be a good basis for mods in the 'looks' department! Nice to see you've gone for plenty of louvres in the new ally fairing btw....! :grin:

Pete
Hi Pete,

yes I'll be posting up regular updates - as I did with the "Scream" [ Marmite ]. The ST is indeed a good basis for a project. Just like all the range of Oilheads and Hexheads, the building blocks are there for you. You just have to see past the OEM styling, enormous [ looking ] bulk and the power train layout.

The louvred alloy panel is in fact a C Type Jaguar bonnet for a customer's C Type rep Realm are building - that's the "day job" that allows us to "play" with our bike projects ! =D>

The Stealth's body will be GRP, which is Realm's other day job. The development of the GRP panels and the actual build will be over to Realm - the basic ideas and design input will come from me and be fine honed by my pal AC.

One thing we are both agreed on - is the fitting of turbo [s] as an engineering excercise.
" If at first you don't succeed - you've already been a failure once"

andys
Forum User
Country of Residence: UK

Postby andys » Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:44 am

Hi Pete.
yes I'll be posting up regular updates
Updates ?

george baker
Moderator/Club Member
Country of Residence: uk

Postby george baker » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:46 pm

Hi Andy
TJ has not been on the forum since August last year and did not reply to a pm I sent him a month or so ago

George
Member 21, R100R, K75 and a Hyosung 250 FOR SALE

Return to “Hexhead (R1200) Q&A's”